13. Rhode Island

Nickname: The Ocean State

Human Name: Richard "Rhody" Rhodes

Age: 21 Years Old

Gender: Male

Historical Background: In 1636, Roger Williams was banished from the Massachusetts Bay Colony, consequently leading him to create Providence Plantations. Later on, Puritan dissenters would go on to settle Aquanick Island, renamed the Isle of Rodes, between 1638–1648. Due to threats of religious persecution, the settlements of Providence Plantations, Portsmouth, Newport, and Warwick merged into the Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations under a royal charter in 1663. The colony would temporarily be a part of the Dominion of New England in the 1680s before it went back to being a royal colony. Rhode Island would then go on to become independent from Great Britain on May 4, 1776.

Statehood: May 29, 1790 (13th)

Hair Color: Neutral Black

Eye Color: Coffee Brown

Height: 4' 11" (150 cm)

Notable Traits: He has bangs on the left side of his face. Tan skin. He typically wears an argyle vest and a pair of blue Bermuda shorts. He sports a fang. He has a Rhode Island accent.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Cabinets (milkshakes), Calamari, Clam Cakes, Clam Chowder, Coffee Milk, Frozen Lemonade, Hot Wieners (aka the New York System), Johnnycakes, Pizza Strips, Stuffies (aka Stuffed Quahogs)

Likes: Cursing, Dark Comedy, Fishing, Sailboats, Tennis

Dislikes: Cthulhu, Long Drives, Long Island, Masshole, Vampires

Personality: Crude and Shrewd. The smallest state in America has one of the biggest attitudes if anyone can believe it. His smart mouth is either cussing or complaining, often getting on people's nerves. Unfortunately, anything they say he'll ignore without trying to be respectful. The edgy rogue has major trust issues, especially toward despots and traditionalists, partially because of his neglectful past. Years of bullying from crazed Puritans have given him thick skin as well as made him cynical toward so-called goody two shoes. Without rules or morals holding him down, he's allowed himself to act in ways deemed shameful and tasteless. Although there are times he'll withdraw into his house and wish to be left alone; he likes his privacy. Despite appearing unrefined, he does have a sensible mindset, especially when a situation is serious. Even so, he remains hopeful of a miraculous growth sport one of these days; he also proudly insists size doesn't matter.

Trivia:
+ During the Colonial era, he grew up with a shoulder angel and a shoulder devil, representing Providence Plantations and the Isle of Rodes respectively. They existed to guide him through many conflicts, disappearing when Rhode Island became strong enough to not need their assistance.
+ Though a fierce advocator of independence from Great Britain, he wasn't keen on joining the rest of the Original Thirteen Colonies in forming a union. He planned to remain independent until the others threatened to tax his exports as a foreign nation, hence how he reluctantly became the last of the Original Thirteen to ratify the Constitution.
+ He prefers the past seasons of Family Guy over the current seasons.
+ He owns a Necronomicon, claiming to have gotten it from a yard sale. He has used it to summon Cthulhu several times, oftentimes submitting them to be on a presidential ballot as a satirical joke.
+ He's not ashamed to wear a penis costume, even in public.

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Rhode Island.