68. My boyfriend

I walked out of the bathroom, holding my towel around me and wiping the water off my face with my hand. Making my way back to the bedroom, I could hear Niall shaking something as he coughed. I walked in right as he stuck something in his mouth, something that he was hiding in the expanse of his hand, and taking a deep breath from it.

“What are you doing?” I laughed a little when he jumped at the sound of my voice, quickly hiding the thing behind his back. “What’s that?”

“Nothing.”

“Tell me,” I half chuckled as I walked towards him.

His face turned pink, “It’s nothing.” My face dropped when I realized he wasn’t playfully denying me; he really didn’t want to tell me. I stared at him for a second before backing away and giving him his space.

“Alright,” I shrugged. I went to my three drawers of clothes I filled up when I thought he was coming for Christmas. The sound of him taking a deep breath could be heard again, but I didn’t turn around so he could have his privacy to do whatever it is.

I dug around for an outfit, coming across a red dress that had a zipper going up the front. There was no question about it—I always got compliments when I wore it (because when girls who are usually not slutty dress slutty they suddenly become hot and sexy and deserve all the attention of the planet to be on her. I don’t write the rules, I’m just living by them), so obviously I’m going to wear it again. Especially now that Niall was here, I can look as slutty as I want, and no matter what I’m going home with him—not that I would ever go home with anyone else. And plus, I want to look hot for him. So…

My phone chimed from the bedside table and I threw my dress on the bed as I went to answer it. A smile crossed my face when I saw who it was from.

Zayn:Tomooooo!! I’m in New York for New Year’s! Where can I find you? Aha :) xx

“Niall, do you remember Zayn?”

He looked up at me from his suitcase that he was rummaging through. “Yeah, the original Tattoo Boy.” He smirked, “What about him?”

“He’s here, in New York, and he wants to hang out.”

“Tell him to meet us somewhere for the countdown,” he shrugged.

“Oh, good idea.”

Me: yeah!! You want to meet somewhere for the countdown?

Zayn: yeah sure.

Me: we can meet at 7th and 42nd. I’m pretty sure C.L. will be there too

Zayn: Yeah they are; just wanted to make sure I see you at some point while I’m here

Me: :) well I’ll see you tonight. What are you doing here anyway?

Zayn: it was the fiancée’s wishes to come party in America for New Year’s. I couldn’t say no

Me: FIANCEE????????

Zayn: yeah

Me: ZAYN OH MY GOD!!!!

“Zayn’s engaged!” I screamed.

“What? To who?”

“To Perrie! The girl that sang at the thing. Holy shit!”

Zayn:yeah it’s cool. I’ll tell you about it tonight