48. Guys

New York City, New York, USA

Before I walked into my living room, I checked my computer to see if Niall had uploaded his video yet. I was currently his only subscriber since I forced him to make the channel early for that purpose only. Still, he and/or Lemon hadn’t posted the video yet, so I finished getting dressed and left my room.

I was stopped in my tracks for a second time today, as I saw double the amount of boys sitting on my couch than expected. Calum and Logan sat on the left side of the couch, with a large gap of space between them and Harry and Marcel on the right. There was tension. Marcel looked at me like I was the one that was supposed to settle this. What do I say?

“Um…so…” I said slowly. “What’s up?”

Calum spoke first, which was a surprise because he’s usually quiet. “We came to hang out on our day off…but we see you have company…” Both he and Harry looked at each other. I was scared something bad would happen so I rushed to sit in the gap, folding my hands in my lap.

“We can all hang out!” I suggested. No one said anything. “You know, get to know each other…make some new friends.” Still nothing. “C’mon! It can be like guy time…plus Hunter.” A weighted pause filled the room. Nerja came hobbling in making Marcel snort out a laugh.

“Your cat is weird.” He mumbled.

“Isn’t it though?!” Logan responded animatedly making Marcel flinch at his sudden loud voice. “It’s like a dogcat and it hops around like a rabbit!”

Marcel grinned at me, “Only you would have a handicapped cat.”

“You know what Marcel? I don’t care what you think about her.” I said. The tension disappeared as they all started making fun of Nerja. I was happy they were talking to each other now…but the teasing my cat needed to stop. “Leave her alone. I’ll kill you.” They all laughed as I rushed to pick Nerja up and shelter her from the mean things being said about her.

“So what? Do you guys want to go out or are you just going to make fun of my cat some more?”

“Let’s go out.” Logan said. Marcel raised an eyebrow at me but when I gave him a questioning look he didn’t say anything back. “Hunter, please introduce us to your friends. You’re a horrible host.”

I rolled my eyes and pointed to Harry as I cradled Nerja in one arm. “That’s Harry, and that’s Marcel, his brother.”

“Are y’all twins?” Logan asked.

“Marcel’s younger.”

Logan looked back and forth between them for a second, “Oh, I see it now. Wicked—where’re we going Hunter?” He folded his hands behind his head. Harry smirked and did the same, waiting for me to say something. I could tell the two of them would hit it off. Logan’s a bit cockier than Harry, and Harry was a little goofier, but it didn’t seem to matter to them as they spoke to each other about potential plans.

I was a little more worried about Marcel and Calum though. They were both pretty shy in big groups of people, so I feared that they would be too shy to talk to each other. I’ll have to make sure they do though. Calum may have been older, but once he broke out of his shell, he was actually really cute and little and sweet like Marcel.

“Have all of you eaten?” I asked. They shook their heads. “I’ll make breakfast!”

“Why are you always mothering people?” Logan laughed. “Why don’t we all go out as friends, instead of a mother and her sons, and get breakfast somewhere?” I pouted.