58. Helping

“I have to go Mom…y—yes we….I—yeah, mom….MOM!…no, I’m leaving I’ll see you tomorrow…yeah….yeah okay….Mom, let me go!” I chuckled as she paced the room in her towel, trying still struggling through the conversation with her mum. She didn’t really give anything away, so I wondered if they were talking about me. Considering the blush covering her face, I’d think it’s true. “Yeah, love you too…whatever…”

“What was she saying?” I asked once she hung up.

Her blush deepened, “Nothing.” She cleared her throat, “Just telling me about Nerja…the cat…she’s been staying at Logan’s while my mom and dad are at work.”

“Right.” She peeked at me from over her shoulder and I just knew she was trying to get me to ask about Logan, so I finally gave in. “So…what’s Logan like? Is he a big American football guy?” She completely lit up turning to face me.

“He not big, he’s only about your height but he’s fast. He helps me work out. Once we raced through the twelfth floor in the building, and he completely smoked me.” She frowned a little, “But he cheated, I think. Oh, and he’s kinda cocky. He knows that girls think he hot, but he’s also not arrogant, you know?

“He still really modest and nice, while still not being a push over; he speaks his mind, almost with no filter sometimes. One of the gay kids in his class has a crush on him!” She giggled. It was physically paining me to see her talk about him so dreamily, but I let it go. He’s just a friend. “Hmm, what else? He’s like a classic rich boy—he’s got all the most expensive version of stuff, but he’s still like ‘don’t fucking break that’, you know, like he’s still really protective of it even though he could just ask Ezra for a new one if he really had to.

“He’s never sad—ever. He’s the most optimistic person I know.”

“Never?” I questioned. “He doesn’t even get angry?”

She shrugged. “Yeah, but he rarely lets things get to him. He’s so chill.”

“Hmm…” was all I could really think to say.

“I’ll stop talking about him.” She mumbled, probably sensing that I’d rather not talk about what she thinks of other guys, and went to her suitcase. “Do you know what Lemon is wearing?” She said distractedly while pulling out her own outfit on the bed.

“Not a clue.”

“She’s gonna look really cute.” I nodded, not knowing what to say to that either. “Are you going to get dressed?”

I rolled my eyes, “It takes you forever, and I might as well wait until you’re halfway done to start on meself.”

“It doesn’t take me that long.” I scoffed at her, making her throw her towel in my face. When I pulled it away she was just pulling her underwear up—my underwear that I bought for her. I watched her intently as she picked a matching bra out and quickly clipped it on. She noticed me looking at her and gave me shy smile. “What?”

“I’m just looking at you.”

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” I smirked and took out my phone to do exactly that. “You’re a pain in my ass, Niall.”

“Hey, I looked that up—it’s supposed to actually hurt the first time.”

I’m glad she caught onto my subject change. “You looked it up?” She giggled. “Why?” I shrugged and she shook her head. “It has to feel better at some point, if it didn’t, people wouldn’t do it.” Narrowing my eyes at her, I tried to figure out if she was just thinking aloud, or actually considering it. But, as she’s started to do a lot lately, she changed the subject before I could get to any conclusion.