32. Marcel

My chest rose and fell heavily and a forced my legs to run me up the small hill on the way home. I’d decided to jog to my rock this morning instead of taking my bike, just for the fuck of it. I usually can take the run there because it’s downhill, but the way back is always terrible. It’s on this hill that I start to regret ever even getting out of bed this morning. But I kept going…for the fuck of it.

Once I got to the top, I took a second to catch my breath, and of course my phone rang. I groaned, but unattached it from my arm to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Hiii!”

“Harold, this isn’t really the best time…” I panted. “What are you doing up so early?”

“It’s not that early—it’s about nine.” I rolled my eyes. “Niall and I have the first sound and lighting check this morning, then we both have to work, then we’re going to the gym with Liam…then it’s guys night in the city.”

I laughed, “Sounds like a jam packed day of guy time.”

“Yeeeeah…Aren’t you off today?”

“Yeah…why?”

“Well, Gemma’s going to be out all day too…she’s left already to spend the day with friends in the city.” I kicked at a pebble on the street, waiting for him to get to the point. “So Marcel’s going to be here by himself all day…”

I let out a breath, “So you want me to babysit him?”

“No, not babysit…but…give him some company maybe?” I coughed still trying to catch my breath. I had no problem hanging out with Marcel for the day though; it’ll probably be fun.

“Sure, I’ll hang out with him.”

“Yes! Okay, can you come over right now? I have to leave soon.”

“Um… I have to shower. I was just running and—”

“It’s fine, just shower here.”

I rolled my eyes, “Harry, Marcel’s going to be fine if he’s at home alone for less than an hour. You have to stop treating him like a baby.” I heard him sigh and I knew I’d struck a nerve.

“He may not be a baby, but he’s defenseless.” He mumbled.

“Don’t worry about him Harry. Go to your sound check, and I’ll be there about half an hour after you’re gone. Does he know I’m coming?”

“No, he’s still sleeping. I left a note on the fridge.”

I smiled, “My mom does shit like that.” I continued, “Like I said, don’t worry about him. I’ll text you when I get there.”

“Alright, thanks so much. You’re the best.”

——

Once I got home, I showered and got dressed quickly. I didn’t take the time to dry my hair so I just put it up in a bun. I was lazy when it came to my outfit too, just putting on a different pair of running shorts, a different sports bra and a tank top. After taking a couple second to put on some mascara (because when you have big eyes and you don’t wear mascara you end up looking like a stereotypical alien), I rushed out of my room.

As I walked quickly into the kitchen to grab a granola bar, I found Chip sitting in the kitchen, playing on his phone with some song I didn’t know playing softly from it.

He looked up at me, “Where are you going?” This was probably our third conversation after his big apology, and it couldn’t really explain how much better he’d been. He kept his word when he said he wasn’t going to be like Louis, but he was considerably nicer and easier to talk to. It was fucking weird.