23. Very very good

The waitress at this café/restaurant thing was literally all over Niall. She put her hand on his shoulder when she introduced herself, in his hair when asking if he wanted a drink—shit like that. I didn’t say anything though. I’m going to turn into him and get all possessive, but I mean honestly this woman is like thirty.

“She wants your dick.” I said casually when she sashayed away.

“What?!” I nodded matter-of-factly. “Uh…she’s just being nice.”

I raised an eyebrow at him. “Niall, she was like…petting you.”

“Jealous?”

“Annoyed.”

“With me?”

“With her.”

He shrugged. “Whatever, as long as you’re not mad at me.” I sighed, exasperated, before we got into our usual silence. I drummed my fingers on the edge of the table as I assessed the date so far. Everything seems to be going well—very well, I’d say. We haven’t run into anyone we knew, thanks to the population in the city, and nothing bad has happened. Besides his surge of jealousy at the bowling alley, I mean—but honestly, that could’ve gone so much worse. I kind of liked that he was protective over me.

“You look nice by the way.” He frowned as soon as he finished. “I said that already, didn’t I?”

I smiled, “You did, but thanks again.” I leaned forward, resting my head on my knuckles. “How come you always say that?”

“Because you always look nice.”

“Every day? That’s a lie, Horan.”

“Oh, but it’s not, Gold, and I don’t know how you do it.” I blushed but rolled my eyes. “You know who else always looks nice?”

“Who?”

“Harry fucking Styles.” I burst into laughter. “Not like that, I mean he always looks so put together. He never like…rolls out of bed.”

I shrugged, “I guess you’re right.”

“You two would be perfect together.” He joked.

“Maybe I should’ve gone on a date with him.” He frowned, but stayed quiet. “I seem to remember you getting pretty jealous the last couple times Harry and I were together…”

“True.” He mumbled. I laughed at how grumpy he looked but he relaxed in only a couple seconds. The waiter came back with our water. “Yeah, eh…can we order?” I glared at her as I sipped from my glass.

She smiled at him, “You can have whatever you like, honey.” I choked.

“Oh, nice. I want a steak with potatoes and…I don’t know something green.” He’s so oblivious; I can’t deal with it. “Hunter?”

“I’ll have a cheese burger and fries.” She quick wrote down our order, but didn’t walk away. What does she want? Niall looked up at her, curiously. Way to give her what she wants… “That’s all.” I snapped. Both of them froze, their eyes sweeping to me. “You can leave.” I added.

She glared at me as she put a hand on Niall’s shoulder. “I’ll be back with your food.” Then finally she was gone.

Niall laughed like there was no tomorrow. “That was aggressive.” He finally said.

“Annoyed, not jealous.” I reminded. “She probably has kids your age.”

“Hmm, a hot MILF is after me, eh?” He gave me a haughty grin. “Maybe she’ll let me go past second base.”