11. Harry

Harry is here. I was home from work for about an hour before he texted me, saying he got us smoothies and wanted to hang out. How could I say no?

“Mm, this is really good.” I mumbled as I leaned against the patio railing. He stood next to me resting his forearm on the railing too.

“My sister made them.” He laughed.

“You got your sister to make smoothies just so you could hang out with me?”

“Oh, totally.”

I smiled, “Well, you can come over as much as you want, as long as you bring food for me.”

“You could always just go to Niall’s house. He’s got tons of food—eats like a horse.”

“I’ve only been in his house like three times.”

Harry looked surprised, “Really? Aren’t you good friends?”

“Uh…yeah, but he’s over here more than I’m over there…he stays in the pool or kitchen area usually.” I glanced over at Niall’s house before taking a big gulp of my mango smoothie. “Do you hang out with him a lot?”

“A fair amount. I basically live in Emilio’s so we’ve kind of been getting to know each other through that.”

I nodded, getting even more interested. “Are you a music guy?” He smiled a big dimply smile as he nodded. “So what do you do?”

“I’m writing a song…I sing…a bit…”

“Really? Sing something right now.” I demanded with a giggle, taking another sip of my smoothie.

“No,” He laughed shyly, making my heart melt. It was almost weird to have such an easy flowing conversation. With Niall it was like an uphill battle just thinking of something to say to him. Harry on the other hand was how I am with Liam. We can just talk without it being labored process. “Niall’s been playing on guitar and helping me out and stuff.”

“Will you give me a copy of your song when it’s done?”

He shrugged, “You could just come to see me sing it.”

“When?”

“There’s a thing in the beginning of August. Kind of far away.”

I downed the last of my smoothie, “I’ll be there Tattoo Boy.”

“Heeey,” he pouted. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“I’m sorry, they’re just so random.” I poked at his bare stomach where his butterfly tattoo was etched. His shirt was open, so it wasn’t like I had to disrobe him to see it. His abs by the way…jeez. “What do they even mean?”

He grabbed my wrist and moved my pointed finger to his tan, tan bicep. “Well this one is for the Green Bay Packers.”

“You watch American football?”

“I watch the Packers.” He smirked. “Oh, there’s Niall.” He let go of my hand and waved in the direction of Niall’s house. I turned around and we locked eyes. His face was impassive, completely straight as he just blinked a couple times. I could feel the tension even from all the way up here on the patio.

He finally raised his hand and waved before walking into his house. I didn’t even know what to make of that, and Harry’s voice distracted me as I tried to. “Oh, are you going to…um…Chuchi’s party?”

“You mean Chucho?” I laughed, “Yeah, I’m going. People are coming here to pregame then we’ll walk to his house. He’s like…up the street.”