35. Candle

Eileen started the crying up again. “Not a prude anymore! She just admitted to fucking my boyfriend while we dated.” I shook my head, trying to get my voice to work, but my brain was only focusing on trying to get me to keep breathing—never mind the tears wetting my cheeks.

Alec scowled, “You’re fucking kidding me right?” He said to me. “You can fuck someone that’s taken but you couldn’t fuck me?” He started walking towards me and I backed away holding my hand out. No, no! Get away from me! Stop! Greg stepped in his path before Alec could reach me.

“Hey, leave her alone, yeah?”

“Get the fuck out of my way.” He pushed Greg out of his path and was in front of me in seconds gripping at my arm. I coward away from him, but he grabbed my face, turning it so I was looking him in the eyes. “Who—” A hand was on his shoulder, spinning him around.

“I said leave her alone.” Greg shouted.

“Are you the one she’s fucking?!” I tried to tell them to stop, I really did but I couldn’t breathe. I ignored Greg and Alec, and now Zayn, as they got into a shouting match and tried to pull my arm out of Alec’s grip.Breathe. Stop crying. Breathe I told myself. Do not have a panic attack here. Keep it together.

“Oh, Niall!” Eileen said suddenly. I looked up to see Niall, Harry and Marcel standing in the doorway of the theater, eyes wide at the scene before them. Greg, Zayn and Alec stopped screaming and looked at them too.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!” Niall shouted. Suddenly the extra people started scattering, most leaving, but some just wanting a better view.

“Oh is that him?” Alec laughed. He yanked on my arm, pulling me into his side before putting an arm around me. “You should never downgrade.” He whispered in my ear, making me shudder. I started hyperventilating as he kissed my temple; whimpering as I tried to fight out of his grasp. My muscles were too weak from my lack of air though, doing nothing to help me.

“Get off her!” Niall yelled, coming towards us. For a second, I was relieved to have Niall coming forward to help me, but Eileen stepped in front of him, placing her hands on her shoulders, whispering something that he paid no attention to. I looked around at the extra people just standing and watching.

“Help me,” I mouthed to a random person as I cried and struggled to breathe. They just grabbed their group of friends before walking out the door. No…please…

Alec’s lips were at my ear, “I don’t even have to ask to know I was better than him.” I made a last effort to push him away but he just grabbed onto my hands before pressing his lips to mine. My whole body convulsed, breaking down at his aggressive touch. My brain screamed at me to push him away, but before I could, his lips detached from me as a fist nailed him in the jaw.

I screamed at the hand in my face and flinched, thinking it would punch me too, but when I looked it was Marcel shaking his hand as he looked down at Alec rubbing his face. He turned his gaze to me, “Holy shit.” He whispered. What?! WHAT?! “Hunter, Jesus fucking Christ. Breathe!” Marcel said shaking me a bit. “Oh my god. Niall!”

“EILEEN, MOVE!” I heard Niall shout. He was in front of my in a second gripping my face. “Hey, hey, you’re alright. Shh, breathe. Everything’s okay.” My eyes started dipping closed as my whole body went limp. Stop it, Hunter! Don’t pass out! “No, Hunter stay with me,” he rushed. Through half closed eyes I stared at him. Keep your eyes open.

He suddenly scooped me up in his arms and told Marcel something, but I wasn’t conscious long enough to hear what he said.

——