34. Hold On

“There are so many people here already. Do you think there will be a parking spot?” Brice said from the passenger seat. Chip and Liam were in the back seat. “Do you think I will have to wrestle for a good seat?”

“I’ll do the wrestling,” Liam guaranteed. I smiled as I pulled into a parking spot a good distance from the door. We call got out right as Mom pulled up next to me, getting out with Dad, Louis and El. Mom caused a big scene at the doctor’s office asking for a giant bandage or wrap thing to put over Louis’ skin thing to he could ‘attend his friend’s performance’ and ‘life his life the way a young man should’. Needless to say, she got the bandage and it was currently covering Louis’ entire back under his grey tank top. Why would he wear a tank top when he’s supposed to becovering his skin? I don’t know.

“Does Marcel look much like Harry?” Brice asked as we made our way towards the entrance.

“He looks just like him but he wears his hair different and he’s got glasses.” Liam responded.

I sighed, “I love Marcel. I wish he was my little brother.”

“I don’t think he would want his crush as his sister.”

“Crush?” Brice giggled. “He likes you?”

“Yeah…but…he knows I’m just a friend.” We reached the doors and I held it open as the group went in. I gasped a little when I looked around. I’d only been here once before to see a play our first summer, and I couldn’t remember it being this big—and we were just in the front lobby. There were concession stands and old video games like in a movie theater. Some people were already standing in a large blob by the doors, waiting to get in. This place must’ve been remodeled…I wonder what the actual stage looks like.

I looked at the crowd of people recognizing every face from one point in the past or another. There was a familiar quiffed hair-do that stood out to me and I ducked down a little to see if it was who I thought. A smile spread across my face when I realized it definitely was.

“Zayn!” I called running over to him. He turned his attention to me and crooked smile graces his oh-so-beautiful face. He opened his arms and bent down to give me a quick hug. “I didn’t know you were coming to this!”

He shrugged, “Everyone is. And my girlfriend is performing.” I smiled and clapped my hands together—telling him I was excited to see her. “Why is this the first time we’ve talked all summer? It’s basically over now…you could’ve met her months ago.”

“Hey, hey, don’t say that. We still have two solid weeks.” He smiled, but I don’t think he knew how completely serious I was being. Summer isn’t over until I’m on that plane back to New York, damn it.

“Well, I’ve seen the back of you a lot, you’re always walking in a different direction on the ave, or facing away from me and you know I’m not going to make a scene and try to get your attention.”

“You’re right; I should’ve sensed your presence.” I quipped.

“I’m glad you know this is your fault.” He smiled and glanced behind me. “What’s Louis doing out? In a tank of all things…”

I laughed, “My mom got the doctors to give him bandage to put over his medicine so the sun rays don’t cause it to react.” I waved a hand. “I don’t know; it’s medical shit that I don’t understand.”

“Oh cool,” He both turned around and watched him roll his shoulders a couple times trying to get comfortable in his new bandage. El laughed at him before kissing him on the cheek and lacing her hand with his. “That reminds me, your boyfriend, is he really up to all the hype?” I sighed at the word ‘boyfriend’ but I didn’t feel like getting into that conversation right now.