21.Forgot

“Adios Elena.” I said waving to her. She waved back to me before going into the kitchen. I grabbed my crate full of homemade record albums, balanced them on my bike as I walked towards Emilio’s. He’d asked me for some Bruno Mars, Amy Winehouse, and other stuff, so I thought I’d just bring it down after work instead of making him come to my house. I wondered for a second if Niall or Harry would be here.

I walked into the shop and of course there was Niall, standing with his hands in his pockets, assisting a costumer. He looked up when he heard the ding-dong of the door opening and gave me his cocky little smirk. I rolled my eyes and went over to Emilio in the corner.

“Ah, gracias! How much?”

I never know what to tell him. “Uh…two each.”

“That’s it?” I nodded. “Vale.” He handed over the money then carried the crate away to a back room somewhere. When I turned around I nearly slammed into Niall because he was standing so close behind me. What is he doing?

“Hi,” I breathed.

“Hey.” There was our usual silence, and I looked around the shop for conversation inspiration. I got nothing. “Ready for Friday?” He finally said.

I raised an eyebrow, “Is that something I have to be ready for?” He shrugged.

“Maybe.”

“Are you being mysterious on purpose?”

“Maybe,” he smirked. “Do you like bowling?”

I nodded. “Is that what we’re doing?”

“Maybe…” I smiled. “What are you doing now?”

“Going home, I’m exhausted.” He seemed slightly disappointed. “What?”

“Nothing.” He’s doing his staring thing. I swallowed and stepped closer to him—feeling a little bold. He seemed surprised, but smiled as I gazed up at him. “You look nice.” He whispered, pressing his forehead to mine.

“Thanks.” I smiled shyly. “Are you playing in that scrimmage tonight?”

He shook his head, which means I don’t have to go now. “Not this time round. Greg and I are going to an actual game.”

“Oh, that’s cool.”

“Yeah…it’ll be fun.” Silence. “So, Friday—be at my house by like…eight. I’ll drive.”

“Drive? We’re not going somewhere in town?”

He frowned, “Is that okay?”

“Sure, sure it’s fine…the suspense is killing me.” He beamed happily, ducking down to kiss me on the cheek. “What should I wear?” His eyes widened for a second before he composed himself, back to his forever smug expression.

“Whatever you want. Just don’t forget your running sneakers.”

“Yes sir.” I saluted. He laughed before surprising me with a hug. His bare arms encircling my neck as he rested his chin on the top of my head. Don’t let go!!! I hugged him back, feeling his lower back muscles under his thin tank top, marveling. I randomly remembered seeing a trace of a six pack when he was in my pool last week, I think…

“Alright,” He mumbled, releasing me. NO! “I have to get back to work. See you Friday, yeah?” I nodded. “Maybe I’ll call you tonight. Who knows?” I rolled my eyes before playfully pushing him away and walking towards the exit. “Yaknow, you could call me.”

I kept walking, “Maybe I will, maybe I won’t.” I heard him laugh as I walked out the door and towards my bike—already making up my mind to call him. I don’t really have anything to say…but whatever.