25. Secrets

Marcel shook his head, “Nothing—”

“If you don’t tell him I will.” I said. He said nothing so I turned to Harry. “He says your friends pick on him when you’re not around. We heard you walking down the hallway and he was terrified! Like someone had come in his room before and messed with him.” Harry’s eyes blazed as he stared behind me at Marcel and a deep frown set into Niall’s face.

“Who!?” He said through gritted teeth. “Tell me who!” After a moment of silence Marcel started naming off more people that I thought were even in the house. It seemed like he’d named every single person Harry had ever even looked at. My heart broke. All those people…they had something to do with why Marcel was so afraid of everyone. He even listed Eileen and one of her sisters. Are you fucking kidding me?!!! Harry’s whole body tensed then out of nowhere he ran down the hallway with Niall right behind him. Holy shit…

I turned around to face Marcel, and was surprised to see he actually looked relieved. Thank god, because I didn’t regret telling Harry, but I didn’t want Marcel to be upset that I spilled his secret either. “Thank you.” He whispered. “That was…nice…”

“Marcel, how do you know Eileen?”

“Well…Niall brought her over once.”

“What did she do to you?” I asked, my face hardening and all my anger from before started to build up. Fucking Eileen! Marcel tensed when I saw how and angry I was getting. Immediately, my face softened and I decided to save the conversation for another time. I smiled, “Never mind.”

After a beat of silence I spoke up. “Good thing that wasn’t one of those assholes that I opened the door to. I would’ve clawed their eyes out and castrated them if they tried to touch you.” Unexpectedly, he let out a laugh then clapped a hand over his mouth. He’s Harry’s twin—I swear!

“Castrate?” He giggled. He even giggles like Harry. AW!

“Yes, right here on the cold floor.”

“You would’ve done that for me?”

“In a heartbeat.”

He smiled, “Wow—”

“GET OUT!” Niall yelled from downstairs. Both of us jumped at his booming voice, which was soon followed by a murmur of confused male voices and loud dog barks. Harry and Niall clearly weren’t going to take time to explain why they all were getting kicked out—rightfully so.

“GET THE FUCK OUT BEFORE I PUT YOU OUT!” Harry shouted. I heard struggling—grunting and stuff knocking over—and got worried that Harry or Niall would get hurt as they tried to defend Marcel. Soon there was a stampede of sneakered feet heading towards the door, confused and probably drunk. The front door slammed closed and I heard Harry explain what just happened to Gemma, who was frantic about the angry shouting and fighting (I think they were fighting?). I assumed this was more of a quiet household.

“Marcel! Get down here!”

The poor kid sighed before walking towards the stairs and I followed behind him. Once he’d stepped off the stairs Harry was already in his face with his hands on his shoulders. It was just now that I was realizing they were almost the same height, Harry being only a few inches taller.

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” He said, pain lacing his voice. “They’re always over here and you never said anything about them bullying you. I told you, you have to tell me when shit like this happens.”

“I—” Marcel glanced at me.

“No, look at me. Hunter isn’t going to save you this time.”