“Be good,” was the last thing Louis said before I closed the door between us.

——

Brice’s mom hired a SUV and driver for us for the night because she apparently, ‘didn’t trust Brice’s driving for such a great distance’. I didn’t mind though. Niall and I sat in the very back row, with Brice and Liam in front of us. They’d rolled up the window so the driver couldn’t see anything we were doing—not that much was happening. Niall was messing with different buttons on the side, his face lighting up whenever something he could see reacted. He’s such a little kid and it brought a smile to my face.

“What’s that one?” I pointed to the switch towards the bottom of the panel. He was about to press it, but I batted his hand away. “I want to do it.” I laughed. Reaching over him, I flicked the switch and waited for something to happen.

All of a sudden a black window rolled up behind Brice and Liam’s seats. Once it was all the way up, we couldn’t see or hear anything they were saying anymore. “Whoa.” I mumbled.

“That’s sick, we have our own window.” Niall and I smiled at each other, excited for no reason. It’s just a damn window. My phone buzzed in my purse and I fished it out.

Brice: ;)

Niall laughed, obviously reading over my shoulder. “B has the right idea.” He purred. I felt his lips peck under my ear as he rested his arm on the back of the seat. “You look so hot.”

“So do you.” Now that the window was up, a streak of boldness started to rush over me. “You look really hot when you’re dressed up.”

“Really?” I locked eyes with him and nodded. “Maybe I should wear a suit every day.”

“No, it wouldn’t be as special then.”

He raised an eyebrow, “Am I special?”

“Yes.”

“Very, very special?”

“At the least.”

He smiled widely, “You’re special too; an especially hot piece of ass.” I erupted into laughter, glad his joking stopped this from getting too sentimental. “What do you want to do when we get back to mine?”

My boldness hit a whole new level. “Third base.” His eyes almost popped out of his head. Shit, I shouldn’t have said that. He didn’t want to. Rejection flooded me as he took forever to say anythingShit, shit, shit! “I was kidding.” I said, trying to fill the silence.

“You can’t take it back now.” He kissed my cheek. “I can’t wait for this dinner to be over now.”

Can’t waitHe can’t wait! Oh my god.

——

It seemed like I’d forgotten why I was nervous for this date…but my reasons came back as we walked into the hotel where the restaurant was located. There were doctors and CEOs everywhere. People we dressed probably the most expensive things they could find, and drove ‘the favorite car’ here. My dad’s boss’s boss’s boss was probably here along with my mom’s most expensive client. I felt out of place and insignificant in the midst of it all—which isn’t the best thing for someone that had self-esteem issues.

“We must take the elevator.” Brice announce over the din of chatter. “This way.” We followed her through the throng of people, my heels blending in with the other noise, making me go as unnoticed as I felt. We arrived at the large elevators, where it looked like everyone was headed.