“Whoa,” Louis gasped, thrown off by my harsh tone and language.

“Well it’s true! She’s probably only dating him just to ensure that she’s the only one he’s fucking. She probably cheats on him all the time though.” I angrily ran a hand through my hair. “Why would you date someone in the summer anyway when you live across the ocean from them? How is that going to last? It’s obvious she’s only dating him for his dick! She doesn’t care about his feelings or wellbeing like…well like me.” My voice lowered at the last part as I realized when I was admitting.

“I actually care about him.” I whispered. “Eileen doesn’t.” Louis was silent for a long time processing my rant as he stared in his soup. He always takes a while to fully think about what he’s going to say in these situations.

“Well, personally I thought you two would be together from the start. But since you’re not,” he twisted his mouth up and leaned his elbows on his knees. “I don’t think you should just tell him to break up with Eileen because that’s kind of rude…but show him that you care. I don’t mean start making out with him on random occasions”—whoops—“but like…be there for him. He’ll see that you’re real and Eileen isn’t. Honestly, it’s refreshing to know a girl likes you for more than your body.” He smiled to himself, thinking about El I suppose. “You have to tell him about that part.

“I know you have problems with that—and I understand—but I think if you want him to come to you, you’ll have to push your insecurity away….instead of him.” I nodded knowingly. “And I agree; he does look at you kind of funny—in a good way.” He shifted on his bed so his leg was under him. “Before the tournament he asked me if you were mad at him. The kid looked distraught.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I told him I didn’t think so, but he started going on about you ignoring him.” He glanced at me. “I take it you were ignoring him because of Eileen?”

“Yeah.”

He chuckled, “Don’t give her what she wants.”

“She called me and told me she doesn’t want me to be alone with Niall because she doesn’t trust me.” He frowned. “She said I steal guys from her.” His face hardened.

“Seriously, I genuinely hate that girl. I’ve always kept my mouth shut because you chose to forgive her, but I never did. I always saw her as a snake. Don’t listen to anything she says, Hunter. That’s an order.”

I smirked. “Yes sir.”

“I’m serious.”

“I know, Lou.”

“Good—”

There was a loud, drunken chant from downstairs. “GREEKS, GREEKS, GREEKS!”  I rolled my eyes.

“He brought those idiots over here?” Louis grumbled. I gave him a confused look—I thought they were his friends too. “I’ve never liked hanging out with them. I always brought Zayn with me.” Wow, I’m just figuring out all sorts of new things right now.

“Oh.”

We fell into silence as he finished his dinner. My motherly instinct took over when he complained about being too full. I had to force him to eat everything before he could lie down. Once his plate was cleared I offered to give him a massage since that’s what Mom suggested I do if he was in pain. Louis was resistant at first, but I’m not going to lie—I give pretty good massages. He told me to stay away his lower to middle back because that was ‘the itchy part’ and I did as he said. Soon he fell asleep under my hands, snoring lightly with his hair fanned over his head.