67: "Happy Birthday!"

Start from the beginning

I pick up the first large gift, shakily opening the paper.

"Oh Mum!" I breathe, "they're beautiful!"

A pair of high heels from Topshop. We went shopping a couple of months back and I tried them on, but didn't have the money on me at the time. I loved them.

I pull out the 2nd present, analyzing it's shape. Square?

I slowly rip the paper off, laughing at the 2 CD's that fall out.

One Direction...

"This was more of a joke present. I thought you would want them considering Harry is on the covers" she giggles.

"Thanks Mum." I laugh.

It was strange to see Harry on merchandise. Not that I hadn't seen him on it before, it's just I never really think of Harry as being famous, I think of him as Harry. And only Harry.

"Last one," she claps her hands in excitement.

This one was thin. Very very thin...what was it?

I open it, my mouth dropping in amazement.

"Mum!" I cry with joy, "you got me tickets to see the Fray!?"

This was unbelievable, 2 tickets to see one of my all time favourite bands!

"Thank you so much Mum," I hug her tightly. "This is the best present ever!"

"It's my pleasure. Been saving a lot of money for them tickets."

"They're perfect." I kiss her cheek.

"Well I'm sorry, I've got to go to work today darling; will you be alright?"

"Yeah." I assure. "I'm with Harry all day and then staying at his...if that's okay of course."

"That's fine with me," she smiles, "I won't be back until late tonight anyway. We have lots of deliveries coming in and I have to be there to supervise." She rolls her eyes.

As I return back into my bedroom I notice I have another message from Harry.

From: Harry

I'll pick you up at 2? Sound good? .x

I quickly reply.

To: Harry

Perfect! See you soon x.

From: Harry

And wear a dress! ;) x

I head off to the bathroom, stripping off and jumping into the warm shower.

I wonder what we're doing today. Harry hasn't said anything. I never normally do something for my birthday. I just sit at home and watch DVDs with my Mum and Dad...when he was around of course. Not many of my family live around the area so I never got any visits from anyone either.

I step out, wrapping the soft cotton towel around my soaking body. I quickly dry off, changing into some decent clothes. I pick a dress from my wardrobe. This was probably one of my more fancy looking dresses. It was still knee length but had an element of class to it.

I pull out a bag from under my bed, finding clothes for tomorrow and packing my sleeping stuff for Harry's. I debate about whether to pack pajamas or not, whenever I took them Harry still insisted on me wearing his top, and to be honest, I liked wearing it. I stuff them in anyway, just in case.

I log on to Facebook, replying to all the 'Happy Birthday' messages I had received from friends and then Twitter.

Woah, mentions have gone wild again! And now I know why...