45: Crying, dinner and crying again

I don't know know how to feel about this.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I had never cried and yelled so much in one day. The whole thing was too overwhelming. I should never have let him take me home that night, that way he wouldn't have stayed over, we wouldn't have bumped into each other again, we wouldn't have began talking more and I wouldn't have fallen for him. All of this could have been prevented. But it wasn't.

Harry and I are from 2 completely different worlds, and obviously I'm not accepted in his. it's probably for the best this way.

I feel the lift coming to a halt. I stand, rubbing my eye. What is Stella going to say?

...

I arrive home a little later then I had planned. I needed some air so I went for a 30 minute walk through the park, praying that the puffiness of my eyes would go down by the time I got home. Thankfully they did. Not  a lot, but enough.

"There you are." My Mum smiles, as I step through the door. "You're just in time for dinner."

"What have you got?" I ask, thinking that maybe stuffing my face would mke me feel better.

"Mash potatoes, sausage and beans. Is that okay?"

"Yeah perfect." I nod, walking into the kitchen.

"Nan is joining us too."

Oh joy. I give her a hug as I take my seas at the table. I loved my Nan, I loved her to pieces, but really was a talker, and half the stuff she spoke about bored me. And I wasn't exactly in the most sociable mood in the world.

"Enjoy everyone." My Mum sings, picking up her knife and fork.

I take a small scoop a mash potato, placing it in my mouth.

"So how are you my sweetie?" Nan asks while chewing her food. Eew.

"Umm." I hesitate. "Not too bad." I lie, not wanting to start a deep conversation about what was really going on.

"How's work? Busy?"

"It's good. And no it's not to bad at the moment."

I take a sip of my water, not feeling up to eating after all.

"Any love stories going on of boyfriends?"

I gulp down my drink and take a breath, putting my glass back on the table.

"No." I whisper.

"Really? I thought maybe that young lad that was here earlier might have been someone you had your eye on?" Mum interjects.

She did't really listen to up t date music or watch very much TV, so it's no surprise to me that she didn't recognize who Louis was or even that he was famous.

"No." I repeat "He's just...someone I knew years ago."

They don't look to convinced. Neither would I to be honest.

The room returns to silence and I begin playing with my food. I use my fork to make a mash potato mountain and then flatten it again. I just wasn't hungry.

"Are you alright Mollie? You've barley touched your food."

"Yeah." I lie. "I just had a big lunch."

My phone vibrates, bringing a little bit of life into me.

From: Stella

What the hell has happened?! Have you checked Twitter?! You're trending all over the place!

What? I stand up, both Nan and Mum giving me strange looks.

"I need the toilet." I urgently speak, rushing upstairs into my bedroom.

I open my laptop, turning it on. I swear when you are in a hurry everything else decides to slow down.

Panic builds up inside me. This can't be good. I login, stunned already by the 6 trends I immediately notice. A lump pears at my throat.

#MollieUsedHarrry
Mollie And Harry
#GetLostMollie
#MollieMysteryWoman
Gold Digger Mollie
#WeHateMollie

My lips part slightly, tears coming to my eyes. What?I didn't use Harry? How did everyone find out about me? I click on one of the trends. #MollieMysteryWomen.

Retweeted news articles and pictures come up. Oh crap. The ones of me shouting at Harry outside of the studio where he had his interview this morning. This is bad...my world stinks.

I open the news article written by 'The Mirror' that was tweeted by a fan account.

'Harry Styles has been keeping quiet about his mystery woman for a few weeks but now sources can reveal that the mystery woman is in fact Mollie Brooks. No is sure on how the pair met but witnesses state that Mollie was seen shouting at the pop star out in the streets just this morning. Mollie was latter seen driving off, leaving Harry on the street alone, both looking very upset'

I sniff, finding it hard to believe that this was happening.

'Mollie was heard shouting abuse at young Harry. She described him as arrogant and stated that he only cared about his reputation. Well it seems another one of Styles' relationships have been cut short once again. Cutting herself out from the picture, perhaps Mollie only wanted her time in the star light and had no intentions of being a couple with One Direction heart throb.'

No. This was all wrong. I didn't use him. I said those things but they've twisted it! I didn't do it for attention! I click onto my mentions, preparing for the worst.

'You cow, how can you be so heartless! #GetLostMollie'

'You used Harry just so you could  try and be famous! Piss off out of our lives and leave Harry alone!'

I release a tear as I rub the back of my neck.

'We hate you! Just go and kill yourself.'

This was all wrong. All so wrong. This isn't fair. No one has even given me a chance to say anything before they've given me treats and abuse! It's sick. The pain in my chest grows. I push the laptop away and curl up into a ball. Crying seemed to be something that I had become very good at.

My phone vibrates again. Stella.

From: Stella

Are you there? Mollie are you okay? I can come over if you want? x

I didn't want her to. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I just wanted to be alone. That way no one can say anything that will hurt me, and I can't say anything that will cause trouble.

How can people have the nerves to say things like that and not feel guilty about it? They don't even know me? And who do that papers think they are? It's my life not theirs!

I make a quick glance over to my laptop.

'33 new interactions'

I din't think I want to read them.

Another message buzzes through to my phone. For Christ sake Stella just leave me-

Uh oh...it's Harry...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hey you guys, there was going to be this short speech about how our fandom sometimes treats people when we don't always know what really happened, but it got deleted which is one of two reasons why I haven't updated in 2 weeks.

I'm in New York spending time with my cousins, nieces and nephew, etc. And I didn't know when I would be able to get WiFi,  plus when I finally did I had to rewrite this whole chapter because Wattpad was being mean and deleted it. I also didn't feel it was fair to just skip this chapter and update the next, idk. 

But, I will be updating tomorrow, I promise. Unless Wattpad decides to delete chapter 46 for know reason. 

Anyways...

All the love.