25: Swing ball

One thing, this is the longest chapter I've typed for the book, so I expect a lot of Commenting and Votes. :) :) :). 2273.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

My body freezes trying to get a grip on Harrys tantrum. What got into him?

I look out of the window in search of costumers. No one. I grab my bag and flick the 'open' sign to 'closed'. I leave and lock the bakery. I only had around 20 minutes left and I'm sure the boss wouldn't mind me leaving if I said that I was sick or something.

I dart back home, desperate to discover the cause of Harrys personality change.

"Harry?" I speak, stepping through the door.

No answer.

"Harry?" I repeat, poking my head into the front room and kitchen. Where is he?

"Shh Mollie!" He yells, stomping down the stairs, "stop asking me what's wrong! Nothing is wrong! Just leave me alone please? I came back to get a break."

"Obviously there is something wrong or you wouldn't be acting like such a diva." I grunt.

"Just be quite for one minute please?! Stop talking a load of crap from your mouth and be quite!"

I stutter, unable to process his insult. What did I do?

"I didn't do anything wrong. You're the one who suddenly changes."

He groans, clenching his fists.

"I need some air. Time to breathe."

"Well why don't we go to tennis then?" I suggest, that would get him some fresh air.

"Fuck your tennis! I want to be alone."

He stomps to the door, swinging it open with force. I've never seen him so red in the face before? What on earth was wrong with him? I didn't  say anything at the bakery that could have caused this, did I? Was this just a mood swing that he goes through every now and then? Various answers cross my mind, none of them seeing logical.

...

*4:30pm*

I messaged Harry a couple of times through the day to ask when he was coming home but I didn't get a reply. I even tried calling him once or twice but he didn't answer. I wonder what was wrong.

Just as I come to a conclusion in my mind there's a knock at the door.

I peak through the curtain in the lounge, trying to get a better look at who it was. Harry?

I jog to the door, opening it with a face full of anger and confusion. My eyes meet his and then move to his hands that are holding a large cardboard box. What was that?

He looks down, gritting his teeth.

"Am I allowed to come back in?" He speaks in his monotone voice.

"Yes." I reply with lack of understanding.

He barges back in, still tightly gripping his box.

"Are you going to tell me what was wrong?" I question, crossing my arms.

He shakes his head.

"No."

I don't reply.

"It's nothing for you to worry about."

He still sounds angry and upset.

I feel slightly guilty for working him up even more but I was only caring for him like he did for me at Nialls'.