48: "I'm crazy about her"

...

*5:45pm*

When I arrived home there was no sign of my mother. Just a note left on the kitchen table.

Mollie,

Gone out with a friend for dinner be back late tonight. Call me if you need me.

Mum.

Alone again. I hope she hasn't just gone because she was angry at me and needed space. I hated arguing with my mum. She was quite stubborn when she was upset, a little like me. So it was difficult to talk to each other.

I cook myself dinner, ending up throwing over half of it away. I wasn't hungry. I was, but I just couldn't eat it. I was thinking too much. Thinking about Harry and the interview. If he really wanted me to go surely he would have asked me when he saw me? Not have one of my friends ask me. Why can't he just say it? Obviously his reputation comes before anything else.
...

*Next day*

I wake up to the sound of singing birds and the burning sunlight shining through my curtains.

I fell asleep quite early last night. I don't want to wait for my mum and I was pretty tired. I logged on to Twitter at one point, then found myself in tears again over the abuse still being thrown at me.

It was getting ridiculous. None of these girls have even met me!

A knock comes to my door. My mum peering round.

"Morning."

"Morning." I awkwardly smile. "What time did you get home last night?"

"Late." She sighs, looking awfully tired. "I'm sorry for yesterday darling. I didn't mean to storm off like that. It wasn't very inmature of me. I know you're growing up and going through all these changes."

Oh God.

"And I understand you probably don't want to talk to your mum about some things but I just wanted you to know that I'm here."

I feel so guilty. She's taking the blame for my actions. I would tell her everything that's happened but there's no point now. It's over. Harry and I are over. She never has to know. It's wrong of me not to tell her, but I can't now.

"I know Mum." I hug her. "I promise I'll talk to you more."

She cuddles me tighter. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Oh and Stella called early this morning."

I pull away.

"She did?"

"Yeah." She nods "she said she's popping around at 2."

"Oh."

She's going to try and convince me to go to this interview. But I made up my mind last night. I'm not going. I can't and I won't. I refuse.

"Right well I'm doing some shopping today, to collect that dress and buy my boss a birthday present."

"Okay." I smile. What am I meant to do until 2? I guess I can go with mum.

"Mum. Can I come shopping with you?"

"Of course!" She yelps. "Just put some shoes on and we can go."
...

My mum treated me to a new skirt and a floral top from a little shop near the shopping center. And I treated her to a Costa and a new makeup collection that she had been begging for for weeks.