55: What did she say?

I pour myself a drink of cold water, constantly glancing out of the window. Why can't I just be there? It would make me feel better. I know Harry is a confident person but anything could happen with my mum. She is certain that this relationship isn't going to happen, so Harry is going to have to do a lot to prove her wrong.

I take a sip of my drink, watching Harry's plump lips move as he spoke. I wonder what they were talking about? Me? Him? His life? Mine? What if she was speaking to him about Ryan? I hope not. I will tell Harry the story one day, just not yet. & I definitely didn't want him to hear from my mother.

5 minutes soon turns into 25 and they still haven't finished. Every now and then I saw a smile appear at both of their faces, which was a good sign I guess.

I'm bursting for a wee but I don't think I can bring myself to leave. I haven't taken my eyes off of them for the entire time. I sigh, I'm going to have to go...

After flushing the chain and washing my hands I stop, looking into the bathroom mirror. Why does Harry want to be with me? What does he actually see in me? You never picture celebrities going out with normal girls, not girls like me anyway. This whole thing just seems surreal.

I step out of the bathroom, walking down the stairs, freezing at the bottom step.

"Mum?" I speak, watching her open the front door. "Where are you going?"

"Out." She smiles, not giving any information away.

"But Mum what about-"

I'm cut off by her walking out and shutting the door behind her laughing a little.

What? I quickly walk into the kitchen, searching for Harry.

He stands leaning against the kitchen counter, a huge grin printed onto his cheeky face.

"I said I had a charm about me didn't I?" He smirks, biting his bottom lip.

"What?" I asked. You actually convinced her?"

"Of course." He laughed. "She loved me."

"Oh my god Harry!" I scream, wrapping my arms around his warm body.

He cuddles back, smelling my hair as he rests his head on top of mine.

"What did she say?" I break away in excitement. "What did you say? What did you talk about?"

He shrugs.

"Just stuff..."

"Stuff?"

"Yeah, my family, job, you and I, you..."

I swallow. I hope not about Ryan.

"What about me?"

"Just about how much she worries for you, and how much I'll care for you."

"So nothing about...any past memories...experiences?"

"No?" He frowns. "Just what I told you. What would she have told me?"

"Nothing, I just thought that she might have told some embarrassing childhood stories or something." I lie. I will tell him the full story of what happened with Ryan one day. I promise. Just not yet.

"So." He smiles taking me my right hand. "Now that I have permission to be around you and to see you, how about I take you out this weekend? For a first official date."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I have a little surprise lined up."

A surprise? I purse my lips in wonderment. What could it be?

"Sounds exciting." I smile, Harry placing his hands on my lower back.

"It will be."

He leans forward, his lips quickly locking with mine, then breaking again. I can't believe he convinced her.

...

Harry left around 4:30 to go and meet the boys and simon for a discussion about their US tour. I know its only early days but I don't know what I'll do when he is gone. He has invited me to come with him for a couple of the weeks, but I'm not sure my mum would let me so soon. Although she doesn't know I have already been to New York with him.

I hear key rattle in the front door. Mum.

She happily walks in the room, a grin painted on her face.

"What did you think?" I asked, even though Harry had already told me.

"Oh Mollie." She sighs, taking a seat beside me. "I love him already."

My insides explode with happiness.

"He's so down to earth for a celebrity. He is such a gentleman, there aren't many men out there like him you know. He seems to care a lot about you considering you haven't known each other for that long."

She seems so passionate when she talks even though they had only been speaking for an hour? Obviously Harry spoke a lot during that time.

"He honestly seems the complete opposite to the first time I met Ryan."

I shiver at the thought of him. Harry was different.

"I think he will be good for you Mollie. He'll break that barrier that you'll need just to completely forget about Ryan."

Wow. She has really taken a liking to him.

"And to top it all off, he's cheeky, with a good sense of humor." She laughs. He reminds me of someone."

"Really? Who?"

"It doesn't matter, just someone." She smiles, giving me a hug.

"Thank you Mum."

"Its not me you should be thanking. That Harry has quite a charm."

I giggle. He really did.

"Right then." She pats her legs, and then standing up. "What do you want for dinner?"

"Pasta?" I plea, praying she agrees.

"Bolognaise?" She replies.

I nod.

"Perfect!"

"Why don't you invite Stella over? It's her favorite."

"Good idea."

I pull out my phone, dialing her number.

...

Harry POV

"So how'd it go then mate?" Lou asks, taking a seat beside me in the limo.

"Alright actually." I shrug, "her mum seems really nice. Over protective at times, but why wouldn't she be?"

"So what did you talk about?"

"Just myself and Mollie. You know just...stuff."

"Well I'm happy for you mate." He pats my back. "Have you got to speak to her dad?"

My thoughts stop. I don't know. She has never ever mentioned her dad. Ever. Was he still around? Does he not live with her? My mind wonders.

"I don't know..." I reply. "She's never said anything about him."

"Oh."

Silence. Why haven't she mentioned him?

"So you gonna take her out now?" Louis questions, breakimg my thought.

"Yeah." I nod. "This weekend hopefully."

"When? We have the movie premiere this Saturday remember."

"Yeah I know." I assure him.

"What are you going to do with her then?"

"I have a surprise for her."