67: "Happy Birthday!"

Tuesday...as in tomorrow, my Birthday...oh.

"I'm umm. I'm not doing anything...nothing planned."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Great. Want to spend the afternoon with me and stay over?"

"Sounds great!"

We say our goodbyes and the line goes dead. It'll be fine. If he does find out it's my birthday it'll be too late for him to get me anything anyway. It probably sounds stupid keeping it from him, but I feel so guilty.

"Who was that?" Stella asks. Taking a seat opposite of me.

"Harry..." I mutter, taking a sip of my drink.

The rest of the day went pretty fast. We went back to Stellas' for a bit.

...

*Next Day (Tuesday)*

I stretch my arms back, yawning as I open my eyes. The constant beeping of my phone making me groan in annoyance. I pick it up, turning the irritable alarm off.

'4 new messages'

From: Stella

Happy Birthday! I'll give you your present when I next see you! Hope you have a lovely day! Love you xx

I reply, thanking her and insisting that she didnt have to buy me anything.

It doesn't feel like my Birthday, it never does. I hake my head, opening up the other texts. There was another from my friend Grace, and another from my nan which was like an essay! I laugh at her lovely comments. I still feel guilty for not going to see her that week, but if I had gone, nothing would have happen with me and Harry.

I gaze at the name on the last text. 'Harry'.

From: Harry

Happy Birthday! Dont get too fat eating cake! Didn't think you could keep it a secret from me did you? ;) .x

I can't help but laugh. To be honest it was a stupid idea keeping it from him. I seriously hope he hasn't bought me something, but knowing Harry he has.

I reply asking him how he found out.

From: Harry

Your mum told me. You still up for today and staying round mine? .x

Of course I was. I message him back, smiling like a dork the entire time. How can a text make someone smile so much?

I push myself out of bed, opening the door and walking down stairs.

"Happy Birthday darling!" My mother sings, wrapping her arms tightly around me. "Can't believe how fast my baby is growing up."

"Mum." I whine, hating the old 'I wish you were a baby again speech'.

"You're growing up too fast," she pouts, pulling away and guiding me into the kitchen.

"I hope you're hungry!" She beams, placing me in front of the breakfast filled table.

Woah! How much had she made?Eggs, bacon,sausages, everything... and more! The smell was mouth watering. I pull up a chair wasting no time in filling my stomach.

"Mum, you shouldn't have done this," I speak whilst happily chewing my food.

"It's just breakfast sweetie," she laughs, "now open our presents."

She hands me a medium size purple and blue polka dot Birthday bag, eagerly waiting for me to tare open the present.

I always become very anxious when opening gifts. I was terrible at giving away if I didn't like something. My face says it all. I even go and open them in a different room because I don't want to offend anyone.