44: Your Little Secret

...
I walk into my house, tears streaming down my face.

"Mollie, is that you?" I hear my Mum call me from upstairs.

"Yeah." I sniff, trying not to sound too upset, even though I was.

The sound of her footsteps trail downstairs.

"Did you get my dress I asked you to collect from the shop?"

Oh crap... I look away, not wanting her to see my puffy eyes."

"No, sorry I forgot."

"Sweetie are you okay?" She asks, stepping closer to me.

"Yeah." I nod. "I'm going to talk to Stella on Facebook." I lie, rushing up stairs into my room before she can see my face.

I collapse onto my bed, burying my head into my soft pillow, letting out my cries. How could I have been so stupid to let myself fall for him. I knew what he was really like and I let myself trust him. How could I be so careless? No...how could he?

I wipe away a tear as I open up my laptop, logging onto Twitter hoping to talk to Stella.

Great. 'Harry interview' is trending...

'What happened to @Harry_Styles at the interview, someone tell me?!'

'Did Harry leave another interview?! :('

'Why did Harry leave?! Is it true he has a girlfriend?'

For Christ's sake. He was like a virus that was never going to leave. Everywhere I go, he will pop up. Questions being constantly asked.

I wiped away another tear. I never felt like this before. The pain in my chest is literally killing me. How could he be so heartless? Embarrassed by me...it all made sense now. Why he wanted to leave the party at a different time, why he wanted to arrive late, why you didn't want to be seen by the paps, why you didn't want me at the interview. Everything...

"Mollie!" I hear my mom shout. "A boy is at the door for you!"

Oh no. I don't want to see him. Not now. I walk out of my room, stepping lightly down the stairs.

I reached the bottom and freeze.

"Louis?" My mother walks into the kitchen. "Louis what are you doing here?"

"Mollie, Harry really needs to talk to you."

"Then where is he?" I ask.

"At his house, waiting for you. He asked me to come and pick you up." I frown. "Why couldn't he just do it?"

He shrugs, placing his hands in his pockets, knowing full well why.

"Because he doesn't want to be seen at my house." I answer my own question. I take a breath, digesting my own words.

"Please Mollie?"

I stay silent and debate about the idea in my head. The fact that he couldn't even pick me up shows me that he really is embarrassed by me.

"How long will the talk be?" I question.

"I don't know. As long as it takes for you to understand."

I chew my cheek.

"Fine. But I know how it's going to turn out."

Louis looks at me with his sympathetic eyes.