40: Party time

Mollies POV

This was crazy. As I scanned the room there was so many faces that I knew from TV, it was surreal. Half of them I wanted to rush up to and ask for pictures, but that would seem a little desperate. And I was too nervous anyway.

I look through the crowd, focusing on Harry in the kitchen. He awkwardly smiles, beginning to walk towards me. Was he okay?

"Here you go." He hands me my drink, taking a seat beside me.

"Thanks. Are you alright?"

"Yeah." He speaks, seeming a little bit more cheerful, taking a sip of his beer.

"Mollie!" I hear a familiar voice scream from my right. Louis. "How did I guess that you would be Harrys' plus one."

My face heats up, turning my head away from him.

"Are the others here?" Harry asks, thankfully changing the conversation.

"Yeah, been here a while. They've all had a bit too much to drink already." Louis chuckles. "Niall's found a girl to dance with."

"Right then." Harry laughs. "Maybe me and you should have a dance later." He smirks at me, resting his hand on top of mine, making me jump a little.

I raise my eyebrow.

"Maybe we-"

"Alright guys." I'm interrupted by the voice of Ed freaking Sheeran. Holy crap.

Harry's hand quickly removes itself from mine, causing my head to turn to his in confusion.

"Hello again." Both the boys lowly speak.

"Hi." I whisper, suddenly starstruck.

"Hiya, what's your name?"

"Mollie." I answer, playing with the tips of my hair.

"Nice to meet you."

I nervously shake his hand, smiling like a complete and utter twat.

We all spoke for around 20 minutes. Well, When I say we all. I sort of sat there, laughing every now and then. I didn't really know what to say. Anytime Ed spoke to me Harry seemed quite conscious or agitated? It was weird...

Harry got me another drink and introduced me to a few more of his celebrity friends. But as he spoke about me he didn't seem to bring up anything about what I was to him? I didn't expect to be called a girlfriend or anything but I thought maybe...I dunno
what I thought. He didn't even stand near me. It was though he was afraid of me or afraid of what other people might say? I was classing this as a date sort of thing.But I don't know if Harry was. I guess he is seeing it as a date he invited me to as his plus one. I don't know.

And what made it even more stranger is that when I was introduced to someone who wasn't famous, Harry was completely different. He placed his arm around my hip at one point and joked and flirted with me like he normally does. It was all a bit peculiar.
...

"See you later." Harry smiles at his friend. He takes my wrist guiding me through the packed room.

The song 'I love it' comes on by Icona Pop, starting to bring out my dancing feet.

"I love this song!" I shout through the noise.

Harry stops, turning around to face me.

"Do you want to dance then?" He grins, handing out his hand. My eyes flick between his large hands and then his eyes. "Unless you're scared that my moves are better than yours."

I laugh, placing my hand on his.

"I doubt that, I've seen your music videos."

I liked it that Harry and I could still banter even after everything.