The Roomate

!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

"I promise I will go tomorrow it's just I think I am coming down with something 'cough cough'"

"You said that yesterday and spent the whole of it playing Xbox!"

He has won and I know it but of course I will finish with the whine,

"But daaaaaaaaaaaad" he rolls his eyes and I look at him innocently. He shakes his head so I groan and trump to my room. I have to pack for leaving today. I am moving to go to university in Queensland and am sharing a dorm room with someone who I don't know.

I am also meeting and traveling up with a guy who was apparently my best friend in preschool but I haven't met him since. I forget everything about him but have been told that his name is Troy. I am very nervous to meet him.

"Alyssa hurry up, I told you to pack yesterday when you were 'sick'."

I roll my eyes, all I mainly need to pack is my converse, hoodies, skinny jeans, some shirts, shorts, my swimmers and towel. I sigh and look at my little bedroom. It is small with photos covering most walls, the photos are of me, my friends, my dad, and I have one special photo, it has a big frame around it, it is of my Mum and my Brother.

They died in a car accident my family had 6 years ago. My father and I were on one side and they were on the other. We somersaulted and rolled but in the end we landed on them. The trauma of that day still haunts me now even though I am 19.

I shake to get the image out of my head and grab my suit case. I walk slowly out of my bedroom blowing a kiss to as many photos as I can before I shut the door. I walk around the corridor and into the kitchen, dragging my fingers along the walls.

"Hey Ally, Troy will be here to pick you up in 10 minutes so eat and get ready."

"Ok, what have you cooked me?" I ask looking intently at my dad. He shifts uncomfortably, I narrow my eyes,

"Are you telling me that even though this is the last time you will see my for a whole term you haven't even cooked me a hot breakfast?!" He shifts again and I throw my arms in the air and stomp to the pantry. Looks like it is weatbix as usual.

------10minutes later------

I bring my dirty bowl to the sink, rinse it, then put it in the dishwasher. My dad is on the phone with someone and it seems like his boss because he is saying things like,

"I'm so sorry"

and

"How can I make it up, I will work extra"

DING DONG DING DONG

Ow my ears, I hate our doorbell.

"Daaaaaaaaaaad doooooooor" I scream. But he is still trying to suck up to his boss. Do I have to do everything myself this morning? You'd think if it was the last you were seeing your child for ages you would do SOMETHING nice for them.

I run to the door as the doorbell rings again, it swings open and there right infront of me is a male supermodel! Manly, muscular, tan, my pro's list is endless. There is one con though... He is holding hands with a tall girl about my age with freckles around her nose and 2 dimples beside her mouth.

I ogle at him forgetting the girl and stand away from the doorway so he can enter. Why is this model entering my house?

"Aaaaaaah Troy my boy" says my dad coming out of his office. Wait, this is Troy? I hung out with a model in preschool?

"Hey mr Miller, its nice to see you again, it has truly been to long" he says and shakes my fathers hand. My dad makes a gesture towards me.

"Well this is Alyssa, I am sure you remember her" Troy turns to me. He walks closer,

"You have.... NOT changed. Oh my gosh I remember your brown curls and your brown eyes now." He begins laughing, so I just go along with it and laugh back. I still have no idea who he is and I don't remember a thing about him but I am spending 8 hours in the same car as him. I must remember something in that time.

"Oh Alyssa you should meet Bianca, I hope you to will get along really well" the girl steps over from my dad and comes to me. I start to get a good look at her, she is tall and skinny, has brown eyes, orange hair, bright pink lips. She is wearing a summer dress that I think is way to short but also quite stylish.

I blush and look down at my attire. I am wearing red skinny jeans, black converse and a black t-shirt with a creepy smile on it. My hair is done up in a messy bun and I didn't have time to put make up on this morning.

"Nice to meet you Alyssa" beamed Bianca giving me a hand to shake, I shake it quickly,

"Nice to meet you aswell, I love your dress"

"Why thankyou I love your..." awkward silence. Damnit.

"Umm nevermind shall we go?" I ask changing the subject. Bianca nods and looks very guilty, I feel sorry for her. Troy grabs my suitcase and runs out the door with it, Bianca and I follow him to the car. I open the back door and slide to the other side so Bianca can get in. She gives me a thanking look and I smile. Maybe going to University wont be so bad...

!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Please tell me what you think!

~Emily~