Chapter 41

-----------------------------
I run into my dad's open arms and wrap mine around him. We tighten the hold and a few sobs escape my dad's mouth. It must have been very hard for him without me, I am his only company. We hug for a very long time until Jess rudely interrupts the embrace,

"Mr Miller its your favourite not-daughter" she yells jumping on him. He grunts but then let's out a deep laugh,

"Hey darling, and hi Kaydence" Kay gives him a nod. Then my dad's eyes drift to Shaun, an awkward, stiff pole that looked like it didn't belong. But my dad hugged him anyway. Poor Shaun, dad caught him completely by surprise.

"Nice to meet you son, you must be Michael"

"WHAT?!" Shaun and I yell. I would rather die than bring Michael here,

"No dad this is Shaun, one of our friends." My dad steps back,

"oh sorry son. Oops that must of been embarrassing." My dad laughs. Shaun gives me a cheeky smile. We walk inside my old home, it smells like country field air freshener which I am guessing is what dad coated the house with for an hour before we arrived. He likes to keep the house clean and fresh smelling. It is very neat and tidy like always and there is a smell of roast lamb coming from the kitchen. Dad's lamb is the best, most people argue that their parents have the best lamb but my dad's is THE BEST.

Kay yelps and I whip around to see an adorable Pomeranian Puppy jumping on her leg. I gasp and fall to the ground while opening my arms. What a cutie.

"Dad" I breathe, "who is this" dad walks from the kitchen and smiles,

"I got this girl to keep me company while you were gone, her name is Belle"

Belle jumps into my arms and I run my fingers through her long soft fur. Jess awwws with Shaun, Kaydence picks the hairs off her leg in disgust. I pick the puppy up and let it lick my face. I love it.

"Dinner will be ready in a few minutes so could you children set the table?" asks my dad. Kay, Jess and Shaun nod. Then they turn to me expectantly,

"You guys go ahead, I will take care of the puppy, uh, make sure it doesn't jump in your path while you are getting cutlery." I smile and they roll their eyes in unison. I play with Belle for another five minutes. When dad rings the dinner bell I literally throw the dog on the ground, grab a plate and jump into line. Jess shoves me and goes into the front,

"Oi what do you think you are doing missy?" I ask. She just ignores me,

I push her in an attempt to get her attention which results in her falling onto Shaun who after hearing a startled yelp turns around and gets knocked over into my dad who is holding a big plate of sizzling lamb.

It flies,

it falls,

it burns. . . .

"AAAAAAAAAAAAGH" screams everybody, we are covered in oil, rosemary and lamb. I have oil all over my left leg and on my left arm, Jess is the same but with less on her leg, dad is next with it on both his arms, Kaydence has a speck other shoulder but she still screams. But Shaun is the worst, he is covered in it. Shaun in all his agony jumps up and goes out the back to grab the garden hose then he runs back in and sprays us all with lovely cold water.

We cry in pain as the oil and lamb pieces run off us, Belle comes over and chews on a piece of soaking lamb. Shaun turns the hose onto him and I watch him wince as the water touches his burns. This is the worst lamb dinner ever!

---------------- 1 hour -----------------

I groan as the doctor fills the bath up with cold water. All of us have been placed in a bath that is the size of a small pool, and are left to soak our burns before we can be further assessed. Jess and I are in loose hospital swimmers that have ties and my dad and Shaun are in hospital shorts.

Through the pain I also get some enjoyment over staring at Shaun's well sculpted and muscly body I mean damn! I glance over at Jess and notice her gaze lands on Shaun's six pack and she looks very concentrated. I giggle, Jess you have been caught! Everyone looks at me, well more like glares daggers into my skull.

"What do you have to laugh about Alyssa Elizabeth Miller" snaps my father. I gasp,

"Uuummmmm lets start with that grumpy tone." I retaliate. Dad looks unimpressed.

"Why are you guys so angry at me it wasn't my fau...... Well not exact...... Ok it was my fault but I got punished aswell." I gesture to my red leg and my sore arm. They shake their heads and groan.

At that moment a doctor walks in, she is dressed in white with towels in one arm and a cream in the other.

"Now, I would appreciate high cooperation even though this will hurt. You have all got 2nd degree burns but they are large and were not treated properly so I will prescribe a jar of cream for each of you. My assistant nurse will help dry you and apply cream to all your burned areas." A male nurse walks in a mask covers his face for germ purposes and the doctor puts one over her mouth aswell. The nurse stops dead in his tracks, he stares at me.

I cock my head to one side, why the hell is he staring at me. Then he shakes his head and walks over to my dad, the doctor takes Shaun because he has the worst damage. I groan and wait impatiently in the water. The nurse helps everybody before me as if avoiding me.

Finally he faces my direction and walks awkwardly over. He helps me out of the water and hands me a towel. I scowl and take it, nobody else had to dry themselves! I hesitate before bringing the towel into contact with my skin. I screech and yank it away, my arm stings and crawls with pain. The nurse grabs the towel off me and shakes his head, he slowly brushes the towel on my arms but never takes his eyes off mine.

My skin tingles but I don't feel pain, I stare deeply into his gorgeous brown eyes, then it hits me. I know those eyes all to well. I gasp and jump away from him, while doing so I grab the mask and pull it off. My fears are confirmed,

"MICHAEL?!" I start hyperventilating. Holy. Krapping. Holy. Krapping. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. I nearly let him rub cream on me.......

"Shit" he mutters.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I ask.

"LANGUAGE!!!!!" Yells my father and walks over to me, "who is this gentlemen and may I ask why you are yelling at him.

"uh I don't know uh..."

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr Miller I presume, I am Michael" he puts a hand out and shakes my fathers hand. Oh no he didn't! He is not allowed to meet my father. Not on any circumstance. But to my detain they start a full conversation.

I walk (limp) over to Jess and Kay who are equally as mortified.

"What just happened?" I manage to spit out. The girls remain silent but stare at the two men laughing like old friends. This can't be happening.

Just then Shaun walks like a robot out of the doctors room, yeah he got a special room..... He smiles at us then starts walking to my dad. He freezes mid-step, Michael beams at him although I read the absolute hatred behind his face,

"Sha-un fancy see-ing you here" he says irritably. Shaun just nods.

Way to ruin a holiday Michael.

Always there

Now always here

Ruining my life

Michael Mahanigen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I am so sorry for not updating.
Let me just tell you my excuse before you all yell at me

1. My holidays were so busy and that included no internet
2. Start of term 2 has been very time consuming and I have been focused on work
3. I promise I will update again this week
4. Go back to No. 3
5. Go back to No. 4
Ect. Ect. Ect. Ect.