Chapter 42

The photo is of the Miller's House!

--------------------------------------------------
"What a nice young lad" says my dad chirpily as we take the taxi back home. It's now 1:00 in the morning so we spent 7 whole hours at the hospital in the company of Michael. I am not in a good mood. I am tired, frustrated and severely pissed off. Kay and Jess share my expression, slumped to one side, leaning on each other, staring into unconsciousness, beckoning it to take us from this situation.

Shaun is extremely uncomfortable in the conversations on Michael, in the hospital he didn't say a word for the whole time, just stared into space, occasionally glancing in my direction. In conclusion this has been the worst family reunion ever!

The taxi screeches to a stop on my silent street. It takes too much effort for me to sit up so I just roll out of the car and face plant onto the ground. Shaun rushes over to me,

"Ally are you ok? You shouldn't be careless right now, you are too sore. Here let me help you." He slides an arm around my waist and helps me up, then he gently takes my clumsy legs into his other arm and holds me cradle style while walking into the house. I fall alseep in less than a minute, before he reaches my bedroom.

-

-

-

"Shut up you piece of SHIT" I tell while hammering a fist down on my hello kitty alarm clock. It was a present for my 4th birthday from my mum. She set it for 7am every morning and I have left it that way ever since. But right now I have no mercy on the poor, now smashed alarm clock. I roll over and grumble to myself, then I here a groan and jump.

"What the heck?!" I yell. A very lazy Jess turns to me, her bed hair covers her face so I only hear her muffled voice,

"Shaun took the spare room, Kay took the couch, I slid in with you." I moan again and look in the mirror. Damn I thought Jess was a monster. I run a brush through my hair then notice what I am wearing.

"Why didn't I get changed last night?" Jess sat up,

"Somebody decided to carry you to bed." I ponder what she said for a moment then smile,

"Aaaw Shaun is so sweet don't you think!" Jess thumps out of bed and stomps to my ensuite,

"Yeah, I guess, for you." I can sense the annoyance in her tone of voice.

"Jessy? Honey? What is up?" I walk into the bathroom with her and watch her splash her face with water. She doesn't look at me,

"Come on Jess you have been acting strange this whole time." I pester her and poke her arm continuously,

"Jess"

"Jess"

"Jess"

"Tell me"

"Jess"

"Jess"

"ALRIGHT I HAVE A CRUSH ON SHAUN OK." I freeze. Jess. Crush. Shaun. My head spins, no no no. Jess can't have a crush on Shaun. This is so bad.

"I have like him for a long time but you know that I don't like to show my feelings so I kept it to myself. But I keep seeing him grow closer to you and I know this may sound selfish but it makes me so angry to see you guys together." I am so astonished that all I do is nod continuously.

Jess huffs and tries to push me out of the bathroom.

"Are you mad at me? Don't be mad I didn't know I promise I..."

"Calm down! I need you to get out not because I am angry..... I .... Need to poop" I sigh in relief and giggle then leave her to take her morning dump.

Ok well I can't like Shaun anymore. I mustn't like Shaun anymore. Jess has never liked anyone, at least not that she has admitted to. This is a huge step for her, even just sharing her feelings. I have to back off. As a best friend I can't flirt or play with Shaun it is physically impossible now that I know she likes him.

I change out of yesterday's clothes and into some loose fitting track pants for my leg and a singlet with a mesh black cardigan over the top. I brush my hair to the side then walk slowly out of my room and down the hall to the kitchen. I hear an incredibly loud rumbling noise and jump. I peer around the door and then laugh. Kay is sleeping, half on - half off the couch with her mouth wide open and snoring like a pig.

"Hey darling" I turn to see dad in the kitchen.

"You got your hair dyed! I only just noticed!" I roll my eyes. Yeah well that wasn't exactly my plan.

"Yeah dad I did....." He beams at me and hands me a bowl with yoghurt, strawberries and oats. That was my old breakfast that I used to have every morning. My dad and I would sit at the dining table and argue about how many strawberries we had or have eating competitions. I take the bowl into the dining room and halt to a stop. Shaun is sitting there quietly reading the Sydney Morning Herald. I try to turn and leave but of course he notices me,

"Alyssa hey. I'm glad you are up. I need some company." He taps the seat next to him and smirks. I shuffle over to the seat and reluctantly sit down. This is not the proximity I intended to be with him.

"I must say you looked adorable last night!" He winks at me.

"Thanks for carrying me, it was really nice." He shrugs his shoulders,

"No problem you are really light anyway." Damnit Shaun stop being sweet. I look at my bowl and start eating. I suddenly feel a hand on my thigh, I flinch,

"Hey Ally, do you like me?" Shaun stares into my eyes as if trying to read them. I look away,

"Shaun I,"

"Because I really like you" he pulls my head gently towards his. I pull away and get up. I take my bowl and run out. I feel so mixed. I do like Shaun, I really do. But I can't because Jess needs to have a chance with somebody. This sucks so much. I grab my handbag and start for the door. I need to go for a walk to clear my head.

"Hey wait up!" I turn around to see Jess running after me.

"Ally why is Shaun angry, I said hi to him and he stormed past." I start walking faster, to the point Jess has to run to catch up.

"Hey what is your problem?" Jess grabs my shoulder. She looks extremely confused and sort of hurt. I sigh, a tear slips from my eye.

"Oh my gosh Ally I am so sorry. I broke you guys up didn't I"

"No Jess you didn't we were never dating. I don't really know what we were but whatever it was its over now you are free to have him." I shield my face from her to hide my streaming eyes.

"Ally I am so sorry, I never meant to spoil your relationship with him I just ugh." Jess stands up and runs. She runs down the street and turns a corner. I can't see her anymore. I slap myself, how could I let myself do that. Now Jess is destroyed.

I quickly grab out my phone and call her. He phone says call blocked........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliff hanger

No she isn't dead or anything

Ok we are approaching the end of my book *insert sobbing* I need people to vote more I mean compared to the reads I have the voting is kind of sad. So please if you enjoy this book vote for it.