"Of course!" she exclaimed. I think she's just trying to make up for embarrassing herself a second ago.

"Thanks," I muttered.

She scribbled something on a small rectangular paper, then handed it to me. There was a phone in one corner, next to the hallway where the exit door is.

Celestina told me a moment ago in case everything turns wrong.

"Here's the area code, if you're calling overseas. Just put that first, then the number you're calling," she explained.

"Put it in my husband's bill," I said, and she smiled as she nodded her head.

I tried not to show how excited I am. I casually turned after thanking her again, then headed towards the phone. When I turned to look at her, she's already attending another guest.

I quickly made the call. My hands shaking from excitement, my fingers unconsciously tapping on the shiny brown counter. A porcelain vase sitting next to the phone.

The phone started ringing. My heartbeat matching the ringing of the phone. My watchful eyes wandering around the lobby.

Pick it up, Isaias!

I dialed it again.

After two rings, finally, he picked it up.

"Speak!" he growled. My heart leaped upon hearing his gruff tone.

"Isaias!" I softly squealed. Turning my head to look at the reception desk. I met with Bettina's eyes. She smiled at me. I returned her warm smile. She turned her attention back to the couple she's attending to.

"Angel?"

"Yes."

"Is that Rose?" I heard Tristan's voice in the background.

"Where are you?" Isaias' asked. I could feel the worries, deep longing, and sadness in his gruff voice.

I forgot about Tristan. My sole purpose here came back to me, and I'm determined to get out from the hotel without being caught. "Rome," I answered shortly.

"Italia?" his tone rising.

"Let me talk to her!" I heard Tristan's grumbling voice.

I ignored them. "I'm calling right now from the Hotel de Roma, via Marsala," I explained briefly. My eyes still wandering around the lobby. I noticed a tall, huge man walked into the entrance door, to the lobby. He must be the ugliest guy I've ever seen. He's built, but his face, dark black hair almost covering half of his face, a broken nose, and droopy eyes.

"Mr. Black!" the guard greeted.

My heart suddenly leaped to my throat. I quickly hid my face. Lowering my voice, "I gotta go," I said.

"I'm coming to get you, Pic—" his words cut off as I put down the phone back to its receiver, then without so much glancing back, I strode firmly towards the hallway, to the exit door.

As soon as I'm out, I quickly marched towards the street where I was supposed to meet Celestina. I let out that breath I've been holding and breathed out an air of relief.

The breeze was warm, humid. The ball of fire blanketing the horizon, looming over me angrily. My back is already sweating, and I smelled like damped dirty clothes. I ignored my smell. Some things were more important than my smell.

I don't know what time is it, but seeing the sun's location, I knew it's way past midday. I'm starving.

"Angel," I heard my name called and saw Celestina waving at me. I quickly headed towards her. She was leaning against the wall of a tall old brown building. A few glances were thrown our way. Just like her, I just ignored it.