Chapter 137: Once you snap

Brandon's Point of View

Shaking my head, I watch as Feather equips the armor I made. Pulling on a glove, she raises an eyebrow as she carefully looks over my handiwork.

She smiles slightly in contempt as she slips on her chest piece. Feather fidgeted around with the chestplate before she successfully latched it into place with her leggings and boots.

"It fits well!" Feather enthused, trying to break the awkward silence. I simply nodded and watched as she flexed her arms.

Feather caught my eye and raised an eyebrow.

"Something wrong?" She asked, matter-of-factly. I shook my head in reply. How in the wide world of Terraria can she be this friendly towards me even after----

"I just don't get it, Feather..." Sighing, I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Get what?" She replied sweetly, giving me an innocent, yet ignorant smile. "By the way, the armor is very well---"

"Stop talking about the armor!!" I snapped. My eyes narrowed as I let out an aggravated breath. "We need to talk about the problem!"

"Problem??? What problem??!" I couldn't help but roll my eyes when I saw her shoulders tense and relax.

"Your problem, Feather"

She whirled around suddenly and almost makes me fall over. 

"I have a probelm?" She questioned in a challenging tone. I scoffed in reply. As if she has the audacity to question my authenticity when the truth is staring you in the face.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! You are too darn forgiving!! That's your greatest weakness feather! If someone just does you wrong, you forgive them. Even if they destroy you, you still find in your heart to forgive them... Why do you do that??"

Feather's point of view

I blinked in shock at Brandon's random outburst.

"Well... lots of people deserve a second chance..," I trailed off, turning around to avoid his scornful eyes.

"And why is that?" His volume continued to increase. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him impatiently tap his foot.

"Brandon, Calm down..." I reply cooly, avoiding his question.

....Why is he like this? Why is he getting angry out of nowhere.... I thought we made up.... did... I manage to do something wrong within the past few minutes to make Brandon agitated with me?

Sighing, Brandon spoke,"I am calm.... Answer the question."

"Because everyone makes mistakes, Brandon..... Not everyone deserves to be shunned for one little mistake." I replied, biting my lip.

"But I never made one little mistake, Feather.. I made several horrible mistakes..." Brandon roared. Listening to his cracking voice made me squeeze my eyes shut.

"Why did you forgive me....You shouldn't forgive me..." Brandon was breathing heavily, desperate not to cry.

Slowly, I turn around. With a sad smile on my face.

"I care about you Brandon.... you mean a lot to me... I... I-I.. l-lov---"

"THAT'S NO EXCUSE TO FORGIVE ME. YOU'RE WEAK, FEATHER...." Brandon screamed, making me flinch.

He gulped in air and continued, shaking his head,"Honestly... How many more times do I have to tell you.... you're a weak and pathetic person Feather.... You care too much for others and that blinds your judgement..." Brandon snarled as tears dripped down his face.

"You're nothing, Feather..."

And that was it.

"...... I hate you, Brandon..."

All of our arguing, all of our petty squabbles...

I had enough....

I'm so.... so so SO SICK OF HIM!

"W-what?" Brandon asked, wide-eyed.

"I.... I HATE YOU, BRANDON WINDSOR! AS IF THIS COMES AS A SURPRISE?? ALL OF YOUR WORDS... ALL OF THOSE NASTY HATEFUL WORDS!!! YOU COULD OF JUST SAID YOU HATED ME... BUT INSTEAD, YOU TEAR ME DOWN AND SCREAM AT ME FOR EVERY LITTLE MISTAKE!" I scream, each sentence shredding my heart and lungs.

"I'm SICK OF IT!"

"Each and every thing you do... You try and push me away, hurting me in the process... And then.., when I am on the floor bleeding... you give me puppy dog eyes like you're the one hurt!"

"... and I forgive you..... I FORGIVE YOU EVERY TIME!!!! And...... heh..." I paused momentarily. Tears started to pour down my face, my body trembling.

"I get hurt every time...... You hurt me... over and... over and over and over again!"

"I thought you cared about me... I really did... each time you apologized... I thought you were being sincere.... But it was just your selfish tactic so you can hurt me again..."

Brandon's Point of View

Feather sobbed uncontrollably, her truthful words stinging more than the burn scars on my back.

"Feather.... I--" I tried to place my hand on her shoulder.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!" Feather growled, shoving me away.

Quickly, her eyes darted around the room until they finally settled on her bag. Feather briskly slung it over her shoulder and put her cutlas in it's sheath.

"W-where are you going?" I ask, hoarsely.

Feather turned to look at me, the meteorite helmet in her hands.

She gave me one last stare, her beautiful emerald eyes burning with hatred.

"I'm leaving."

She quickly slipped the helmet on.

"Wait--"

I tried to speak,

But she already slammed the door shut behind her, shattering my heart.