Chapter twenty: Dream(s)

Feather Pov

After a bit stargazing, I got up from my chair and climbed into bed.

"Good night Brandon." I say. He looks over at me, still at the window sill.

"Good Night, Feather, Sweet Dreams." He said. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

I woke up in a dark room. Actually, There was no room, just darkness. I climbed to my feet.

"Hello?" I called out. The darkness seemed to pulse with dark energy. I felt alone. I then see a figure in the distance. It approached slowly. I slowly start moving back. In the blink of an eye, The figure was a few feat away fro me. It was now that I could see that it was a guy about my age. He was wearing a mage cloak and hat that seemed to pulse with light. It kinda hurt my head.

"Welcome. I've been expecting you." He said.

"Oh HAHAH! Cliche reference is cliche!" I say sarcastically. He glares at me.

"No! Well.................Yeah..........But I have a reason for me contacting you in your dreams." He said. Wait. This voice sounds familiar.

"Wait......................You sound familiar." I say. Hmm. I don't recognize him. I think back to my first night. The Hammer. The voice.

"You! You're the-"

"-Voice inside your head?" He guessed, smiling. My jaw dropped.

"Yeah! Wait...........How did you know that?" I asked.

"What can I say, I knew from the second I heard you that you were that girl that I've been in her head." He explains. His eyes scan me.

"Say..................You're kinda cute................Now I'm kinda jealous of Brandon." He said. I glared.

"So why did you bring me here anyways?" I question.

"It's for something very important." He said, leaning in. I also lean in.

"I wanted to say Hi." He said, grinning. I take no hesitation and punch him in the stomach.

"Ah! I've always wanted to do that!" I say, exhaling. He glares at me.

"Ow! Well, At least I got to see how cute you are!" He says, resulting in another punch.

"QUIT FLIRTING WITH ME!" I shout. I let him regain his composure.

"Well...........................It was still cool to finally meet you, Feather." He says.

"Hey....................wait............what is your name?" I ask. He grins.

"Ki. Oh and Brandon is having a nightmare." He said. I blink in confusion.

"What?"

"Oh! I kinda have the power to see/control people's dreams. Shall we go see what he is dreaming?" Ki asked, extending out his hand. I cautiously take it.

I suddenly wake up in a field, Ki is by my side.

"Get up." He says. The dream instantly shifts. I see fire all around. Lava pours from the ceiling. The ground is lined with ash.

"Ki. What's going on?" I ask. He crosses his arms.

"Well. This is apparently his greatest fear." He said, Gesturing toward a platform made of stone. Looks man-made. I then notice Brandon standing close to the edge. I see an awfully familiar figure forcing him even closer. It was me. But instead of wearing my green shirt and blue jeans, I was wearing a robe of some sorts (Gypsy robes) And a hat similar to Ki's, but it was for wizarding. (Wizard Hat, The greyish pink one I would look it up, but i'm too lazy) He was backing up toward the edge. He was standing on the edge.

"BRANDON!" I shout, trying to run to him. Ki grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"He can't hear or see you. Juts watch." He said. I watched the other Feather. She extended her arms. I watched as she pushed Brandon off the edge with a malicious smile. I then hear a howl and Ki teleports us away. Next thing I know is that Ki and I are back in the darkness. I don't know how to feel. I just watched Brandon fall to his death. Tears slip out, but I don't cry, if that makes sense. It's like I'm numb. I stare at Ki.

"Why....................."I say, trailing off. He shrugs, seemingly unaffected by the ordeal.

"Well, you are now scarred forever and won't ever trust yourself." He said cheerfully. I don't have the energy to punch him. He walks over to me, Looking concerned.

"Hey....................I was just joking.............Are you okay?" He asks. I shake my head. He thinks for a while.

"Ah! I have an idea!" He says. I look at him. He smiles warmly.

"Wake up." He says. I bolt up from my bed, drenched in sweat. I look over to Brandon. He is crying into his knees. I get up from my bed and walk over to Brandon's. I sit next to him and rest my head on his shoulder. He looks up fast.

"Feather! What's wrong? Did you have another nightmare?" He asks, wiping away tears. I shake my head and put his arm around me. He rests his chin on my head. I felt him softly sob into my hair. The sobs become quieter until they eventually stop. I relax and then fall back asleep in his arms.