Chapter eighteen: Rock 'n roll

I watched as my feet dangled from a hundred feet up. I'm absolute petrified of heights.Good thing this hookshot was holding up good. I heard the rock crack. Spoke too soon. I look down to see Brandon and Darius arguing. That's no help. The rock started breaking faster. I hopped to a ledge just as soon as part of the cliff fell off. I began to panic even more. I guess I need more practice with this thing. I thought for a bit. An Idea popped in my head.

"BRANDON!" I shout. He looks up.

"FEATHER! IS EVERYTHING OKAY?" He asks. I don't answer him from the sheer stupidity of that question.

'WHAT DO YOU THINK!? ANYWAYS, I NEED YOU TO ATTACH A LONG ROPE TO AN ARROW AND SHOOT IT UP HERE!" I shout. He looks hesitant and walks back in. He emerges with his bow, a rope and a sturdy arrow. He ties one end of the rope to a rock and the other to the arrow. He takes aim and the arrow whizzes through the air. The arrow lands with a CRACK! I pull on it to make sure it is sturdy enough. I am about to do the stupidest thing in my life. I place a part of the hook shot over the rope. I grab both ends of the hookshot and took a breath. I lift my foot up and take off running. As soon as I had no more cliff, I jumped, gliding down on the rope.

I felt the hookshot become hot. I was actually gliding down pretty fast. The ground soon approached. I tried slowing down, but I was going to fast. Brandon was standing in front of the rock, trying to make sure It doesn't snap.

"BRANDON! WATCH OuT!" I yell. He looks at me. I then hit him with a thud and rolled on the ground. The next thing I know is that I'm sitting on his stomach.

"Uuhh-uhuhuhhhh-' He stammered. I felt the same. This was awkward. We continued staring into each other's eyes for a moment.

"Can you get off, please?" He requests. I tried getting back up, but I slipped on some slime and fell on him again, this time, our faces were inches apart. I could feel his breath on my face.

"Oh snap! Feather you go gurl!" Darius says in a girly voice. Molly and Gus snicker. I scramble to my feet and help Brandon up.I look across the ground to see my hookshot. Despite all of this, It is still in one piece. Awesome. All I need now is practice. I look at my friends.

"Well............That was a thing.' I say after I inhale sharply. We all walk back inside. Brandon starts making dinner while I move the beds to Norkas' and Darius' rooms. I had decided that I should move the chests to Brandon and I's room. After pushing furniture, I was pretty exhausted, I walk in the kitchen and ate a bite of dinner. I didn't talk to anyone. I was that tired. I slumped over to my bed and collapsed.

Brandon's pov

Feather left dinner pretty early. She barley touched her food. I walked in to see her collapsed on her bed. Her blanket was thrown on the floor. I smiled and moved her head to her pillow. I piked up her blanket and put it over her. I tucked her in. I brushed my hand against her cheek, tracing her facial features. I leaned in close and kissed her on the cheek.

"Sweet dreams, Feather." I say before climbing into my own bed. I slowly fell asleep, dreaming of Feather.

~~~~~

I awoke to someone tugging on my sleeve. I open my eyes to see Feather peering down at me.

"Feather? What's wrong?" I ask, sitting up. She says nothing. Instead, she climbs in the bed next to me and sits down, putting her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her. She soon falls asleep. Hm~ I didn't her her have a nightmare. Maybe this one wasn't as bad as the others. Still, I enjoyed having her in my arms. I have always enjoyed my time with Feather. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love her. I wish I could tell her, but unfortunately, our destinies intertwine to a fate that neither of us should endure. I know what my destiny has in store for me, and I've learned to accept it, but Feather still doesn't know. I push those thoughts from my head. We have a long way to go before my fate comes to an end. I rested my chin on her head. I take deep breaths. Any time I think about this topic, my breathing gets fast and tears threaten. I don't know why....I am perfectly fine.

Am I?