Chapter fourty-nine: Aftermath//Time to ADD some more probelms

Brandon's POV

After Feather explained how I acted last night, I wanted to punch myself. I was such a jerk! This is why I hate blood moons! Feather was biting her lip. I could tell she was holding something back.....

"Was there anything else that happened?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. Her eyes slowly drifted towards me. "Nope! Uhh... Totally didn't creep on you when you were sleeping, nope!" She stuttered, obviously lying. I chuckled. "Whatever you say..." I draw out.

The rest of the day carried on with confusion. Gus and Norkas were getting flowers out of their beards , Molly was...... Being emotional.. And Feather was training with a training dummy. I watched as the mace decapitated the dummy.

"Hey! You're getting better!" I encourage, she wipes the sweat from her forehead. "Thanks...." She pants. She starts up again with the dummy. "Hey.... Brandon? Do you think you can look through my bag? I'm a little busy," Feather requested, swinging the mace. I agree and pull Feather's bag onto my bed.

I sit up and start going through. Her bag was mostly filled with normal stuff, some dirt, a few tools, and a potion or two, but two things caught my eye. A yellow marigold and a banner of some sorts. Wait... Is this a zombie banner? Huh....

The hours loomed on with bits of small talk. Sun set came too soon. By the time Feather lied down on her bed, the dummy was practically in shreds. I watched as she put her hands behind her head.

"Hey Brandon?" She asks, turning her head towards me.

"Yeah? What's up?" I reply, craning my neck to face her. She looks down. "Is Molly prettier than me?" She asks softly. (Really Feather... Seriously?) I must not of heard her correctly...

"What?!" I ask, surprised at her question. She looks down. "Is Molly prettier than me?" She restates, sitting up. Huh?? She's never acted like this, never had that mindset.

"What makes you think that!?" I ask. Where in Terraria is her confidence?! She continued looking down. "Well... Uh....Last night.... You uh.... Said... That.. Molly was prettier than me.... You were being affected by the blood moon so.... I was wondering if it were true..." She trailed off. By this time, I was my head in disbelief.

"No! No! Feather! Why are you comparing yourself to others??" I ask frantically. "Well... I don't know...-" she says before I cut her off.

"Feather.... Where's that confidence? You are not just absolutely gorgeous, you have a heart of gold and have an amazing personality!" I ranted. Her frown turned into a tiny smile.

"You think I'm beautiful?" She muttered.

"Yes."

She softly giggled. "Thanks Brandon... You always know how to make me feel better.... This is why you're my best friend." She said, smiling brightly.

Friend.

Friends.

That's all she sees me as. Just a friend.

See Brandon? She doesn't even feel the same towards you. When she.... Makes the ultimate sacrifice..... She won't care.

You fell for her for no reason....

She won't ever feel the same....

Just friends........

I snapped out from my train of thought.

"No problem.....Goodnight..." I stutter out. She smiles. "Goodnight Brandon..." She replies, Turing on her side. I lay down and stare up at the ceiling.

Left alone with your thoughts....

Great.

Why, Brandon.

Why do you love her?

And so quickly too......

You only knew her for a few days before admitting to yourself that you love her...

It was a mistake to fall for her....

But....

Brandon! Get it through your thick skull! She doesn't love you!! "Just friends!" Remember?

Yes.....

I turned onto my back and quietly sobbed into my pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter today, guys, I am working on a new cover and it's making me frustrated.