Chapter fifty-six: Extreme Home Makeover: Madison Edition

Feather's POV

He was going to kiss you.....

I stopped dead in my tracks, still holding Brandon's hand. He looked at me weird. "Feather? Terraria to Feather? You okay?" Brandon asks. It takes me a moment to recollect myself before I respond.

"Yeah...... I'm fine..... But come look at the surprise!" I exclaimed, trying to hide my uneasiness.

I'm telling you the truth. Brandon was going to kiss you! Twice! Once last night and today!

I stopped again. Surely not......

Not Brandon....

He doesn't even feel that way about me...

Right?

Wrong.

Shush! I don't need your input.

"Are you sure you're okay? You keep dazing out..." Brandon said. I shook my head. "Yeah... Just.... Thinking... That's all..." I lie. He doesn't look convinced.

"Well..... Okay.... Now, what were you so excited to show me?" He asked. Oh yeah! I let go of his hand and motioned him to follow me.

I've spent all morning working on an expansion.... Well.... Complete renovation of the house.

I ushered him up the platform that formally lead to the roof, but it lead to a completely different room. That room had several potted plants and a chair. His eyes went wide.

"You made another room?!" He exclaimed. I giggled. "That's not all!" I said, leading him to a door on the other side of the room. Past the door was a corridor with many more doors leading to different rooms. Each room was a bedroom, complete with furniture.

"How did you build all of this so fast?" He marveled. He looked around at the architecture. His eyes grew when he saw the chandelier. "Oh! And if you keep going up, there's a third floor with even more bedrooms!" I say.

"You sure can build...... Girlie..." He said, in remembrance from our first night. I chuckled. "Thanks Bran Muffin. Now, shall we continue the tour?" I suggest. He turns to look at me with a wild expression.

"There's more?" He exasperated. I nod and lead him back down to the first floor. We walk through the original kitchen to--- you guessed it! Another door.

"After you," Brandon said, opening the door before me. "Age before beauty," I retort in a joking matter. He laughs and rolls his eyes, walking through the door.

"Whoa!" He says, looking up at the foyer. A large copper chandelier extended from the ceiling which is a good few feet above the normal roof level. A couch lay against the wall, with a couple of pillows.

"Feather! This is amazing!!" Brandon complimented. I felt my ears become pink. "Awww... Shucks... Thanks Brandon!" I thank. I snap my fingers.

"Oh! Two more things!" I say. "How did you build all of this in such a short time!" Brandon exaggerated. I shrugged and motioned him to follow me. We passes through the original hallway and into the new work room.

I had moved all of my crafting stations into a room by itself. I know how Brandon was annoyed with me this morning for working on my lead axe.

"No, seriously! This is really amazing that you built all of this in such a short amount of time." Brandon praised. Yeah..... About that,..

When are you going to tell him that I helped you build the house?

Soon......

"Now, onto the last room!"

This room took me the longest to make. Not because of me running out of materials or supplies, but I had dug into the cliff thing by the house.

"This, Is the storage room!" I say. He walks around the room, taking everything in.

"This is truly... Wonderful..." Brandon said. He then looked at me.

"Humble Beginnings." He said.

"Pardon?"

"Started from humble beginnings. Didn't start with much, and now we're here..." He continued. I walked closer as he put an arm around me.

"You're going to accomplish great things one day, Feather.." Brandon said, appraisingly.

All of a sudden, We hear a rumble in the distance. We both look at eachother for a moment before I bolt though the rooms and out of the front door.

In the distance, I see hundreds of goblins marching towards the house.

A goblin army is approaching from the west

Ki with that killer last line. Ammirite?  Wait.... I already said that....

Anyways, I have a serious question. I feel like my writing is changing

Is it noticeable?

I've been feeling different lately

So.... Has this story changed?

If so, do you like the change?

I just want the best for y'all.