Chapter 114: Where emotions run wild.

Feather's Point of View

I finally came down from my high. It was hard to... But it was needed.

I felt as light as a feather!

And it wasn't until I was waist deep in water that the grasp of reality pulled me back.

I quickly pulled myself out of the water and looked around the jungle. The air was moist and made my hair stick to my neck. Low growing trees arose from the water, with vines dangling down.

So this is the jungle.... Huh?

I remained quiet... Hoping for a reply from Ki.

But all I heard was the loud chirping of cicadas.

That's weird.

But I didn't reach too much into it. Instead, I pulled an axe out of my bag.

Honestly... I chose a tree and started chopping. I don't have time to admire the scenery. I just want to finish chopping down these trees and get home to my Brandon.

....

I did it again.

I want to get home to Brandon

... Not my Brandon.....

.... He's not mine....

At least.... Not yet....

I internally smacked my head.

Stop it, Feather!

Focus on the task!

I barely had one tree down as my thoughts slowly drifted back to Brandon.

As I planted an acorn back into the muddy soil, my mind became cloudy again. Brown eyes, messy hair.

"UURRGGH!"

I slammed my axe into the ground and buried my face in my hands. I felt myself sink a little into the mud.

I can't get him out of my mind!

Ah... That's one of the side effects of being in love.

Finally! Where have you been?!

T-taking care of things...

Sounds fake.... But okay...

.............anyways.. That's an effect of being in love. That special person is always on your mind...

.... But I can't get anything done! Anytime I try to do something, I start thinking about Brandon, and I start feeling warm and fuzzy and I get distracted!

Ki chuckled. But it seemed like more of a forced one.

You're always distracted. But you'll get used to it.

But I need to get stuff done! There's no possible way this will carry on!

Well......

I got some bad news for you.

The longer you are in love with someone, The more they take over your thoughts. It'll drive a person crazy.

..... Being in love sucks!

Tell me about it.

...... But it's such a nice feeling... Is it not?

It sure is..... Hey wait a minute!

Whoops can't talk now, gotta go!

HEY!

I wasn't done talking to him.

And.... Surprisingly.... He had some good advice....

....

I'd finally gotten off the ground and started chopping down trees again.

This.... This whole love thing is new to me...

And....well....

I guess Brandon will be a bigger part of me now.

I smiled to myself.

This whole romance is so cliche. So basic. But it feels nice.

I'd always thought I'd hate this mushy-gushy thing, But.... Well...

Feelings are feelings.... And you can't change that.

All of a sudden, once my axe sprayed wood chips everywhere, I realized something.

One of my worst fears had come true.....

Change.

Things have changed.

But....

I kind of like this change....

...... I guess this change I don't mind so much....

But really... What is there to fear?

As long as Brandon is by my side, I could face anything this world has to throw at me.