Chapter ninety-six: The Past

Brandon's Point of View

"Little brother?" It was Feather who spoke up after a long pause.

"Indeed, My dear." Sebastian replied, stepping into the room. He took a few slow strides over to Gus, who was at once, a loss for words.

"You left me, Gus. You and Rawleigh left me! I had to spend 45 years in that dungeon!" Sebastian's voice was growing with every syllable.

"Wait.... Little brother???" Feather said again. But Sebastian ignored her.

"I couldn't do anything, Sebastian! Rawleigh and I couldn't save you because we're not heroes! We're merchants!" Gus said softly, but I could tell he was getting steamed.

"Greedy merchants." Sebastian murmured,"It's baffling that you ever found love, Gus. Speaking of which, where is Rain? You know, The girl you stole from me??!"

Gus' expression went blank, his lips slightly pursed.

He was trying so hard to say something.

"Well? I'm waiting?" Sebastian sneered.

A long silence filled the room.

".... S-she's d-dead....." Gus whispered.

His old eyes were pricked with tears.

Sebastian's face softened, as his sea-blue eyes filled with empathy.

"S-she is?" Sebastian asked, guilt dripping in his voice.

Everyone's face in the room was stricken with shock.

"T-the last hero I was with.... There was an.... Incident..... And.. Rain..... Well.. She---" Gus cut himself off.

He stood still, shoulders shaking.

And then he started crying.

Sebastian took a step towards his brother.

"G-Gus.... I'm so so sorry..."

Feather turned her head to look at me, her eyes were filled with sadness and her mouth was curved into a frown.

She leaned her head onto my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her.

We both watched and Sebastian hugged Gus, comforting him some.

Luca coughed.

"Well.... I guess... I guess we need to let the brothers have some privacy...." He trailed off.

Feather instantly pulled away from me and quickly escaped to our room. The rest quickly followed, each fleeing to the comfort of their rooms.

I trailed behind, giving Feather a little privacy.

I softly knocked on the door to our room.

Without hearing a response, I slowly turn the door handle.

Feather was sitting on her bed, the contents of her bag were spread out.

She looked puzzled as she held a piece of paper in her hands.

I approached her, and looked at the miscellaneous objects.

She didn't look up at me.

"Apparently, Ki snuck some stuff from the battle with Skeletron into my bag." Feather said.

She pulled out a set boney arms from her bag.

"Like this! I don't even know what it does!" She waved the arms around in the air.

Slowly, her thumb slipped and one one the arms flew across the room, it seeming to act like a hook shot.

Her eyes widened as she was flung across the room.

"No no no no!" She squealed.

She accidentally pressed the other button and the other hand launched to the other side of the room.

She hung in mid-air for a few minutes, holding onto the place where it connects the hand-arm things..

Wait...

Skeletron's hand.

That---- I remember this!

A hero used them as hook shots before.

Feather giggled.

"A l-little help, Brandon?" She said.

I quickly went over to her.. Hmm..

"Maybe press both buttons at the same time?" I suggested. She hesitantly pressed both buttons and both of the arms retracted, dropping her to the ground.

"Oof!" She grunted as she landed on the floor.

"A-are you okay?" I quickly asked. I extended my arm towards her and offered her my hand.

She placed her hand on mine. 

I quickly helped her up.

Feather instantly went back to her items.

I followed behind.

One other thing I noticed that she had were lots of shoes.

Ice skates... Water-walking boots.... Rocket boots?   Where did she-----

"Brandon..... I feel bad for Gus..." Feather spoke softly.

She scooped (eeeeeeeeeeee) her loot into her bag and threw it on the floor. Her body collapsed onto her bed.

I hesitantly sat down on the edge of her bed.

"I do too..." I murmur..

"Can you imagine that? Loosing someone you love? Gus..... Gus must've been absolutely heartbroken when she...." Feather trailed off.

I just nodded. Now would be a good time to ask her a question.

But.....

No!

I will ask her.

"Feather.... Can I ask you something?" I bit my lip.

"You can ask me anything, Brandon."

"What would you do if I died?"

Feather's head turned towards me slowly.

"I would loose myself."

/\_. /_\
Continuity.

Continuity, Fair Brudunskies.