Chapter seventy-three: Death.

Ki POV

"BWAH HAH HAH!" He bellowed, floating back down. I gripped onto my True Night's Edge harder.

"Trying to save your dear friend hm~?" He sneered. I growled.

"Bwah! I bet she's already dead..... And you never even got to tell her how you fel--"

I lunged towards him and struck him with my blade.

The Shockwave sent his skull barreling backwards. Still holding the sword, I pull out my spell book.

"SKELETRON! THIS IS THE END!" I yell, summoning a demon scythe. The purple scythe spins and hurls towards his arm. The bone cracks in half and disintegrates.

"Hah? How can this be? I-.... I don't remember you being this strong all those years ago...." He said, puzzled.

I stood still as I charged my sword with magic. The edge of the dark purple sword started glowing green. I sensed the air becoming colder.

I felt my feet leave the brick as I floated into the air. Ghastly green swords formed all around me.

My robes started glowing brighter.

"I am not afraid of you." I say, as the swords charge towards him.

Skeletron screeches, and as soon as the sword hit him, his skull starts cracking apart with bursts of light.

I close my eyes, as the light glows brighter.

When my eyes open again, I'm back on the ground, my True Night's Edge is in my hand. I loom across the dungeon to see the old man, lying lifelessly on the ground.

"Ki........... Go.......... Help.... Him..." Feather mutters. I turn around to look at her.

Her hair is matter with blood and sweat. She's bruised and a good amount of blood was all around her.

I look between her and the old man.

"Feather! No! You are going to die unless you get help this instant!" I say.

"Oh well....." She said, nonchalantly. "Go........ He's still got a life to live..."

She laughs.

"What are.....you waiting for? He's not getting any younger?" She wheezes. I watch in horror as her eyes slowly close and her chest stops moving.

"F-feather?" I stutter. No response.

I wince and turn around, Facing the old man.

I ran towards him.

He became shaky as he lifted his head towards me.

His ocean-blue eyes seemed to stare into my soul.

"Y-you saved me....." He said softly.

"I didn't save you....... Feather did..." I mutter. We both turn around to look at her, her body is limp and crushed bricks littered around her.

"..... Why didn't you save her instead?" He asked.

I squeeze my eyes shut.

"It's what she wanted....." My voice quavered. I sigh and open my eyes again.....

"Here, let me help you up.." I offer my arm towards him, Which he gladly takes.

"Thank you, young sir..." He says, giving me a weak smile.

"No.... P-problem..... Say..... I don't think I've gotten your name yet?" I felt a few tears swell in my eyes.

The old man looks at me with a puzzled expression. He then crinkled his eyes.

"Sebastian..... My name is Sebastian.."

Sebastian....... The man my friend sacrificed herself for......