Chapter sixty-three: Mind Games

Feather POV

Ki leaned against the doorway. I bolted up and pulled him into a hug. A low growl emitted from Brandon. Ki awkwardly put his arms around me and hugged back.

I pulled away and before he could say something I squealed,"What in the wide world of Terraria are you doing here??"

He chuckles. "Well...... I decided to drop by for a visit...... Oh! And I found this~" He said, holding up a familiar weapon.

"Is....... Is that a Ball 'o Hurt?!" I ask, uncertain.

"Sure is. I found it while spelunking around. I knew you had one so I wandered if we can duel..... You know? Since your fight with Skeletron is coming up and I bet that one of your main weapons will be the Ball 'O Hurt, I want to see if you're any good!" He blabbered.

"Of course she's good! Better than you...." Brandon said, muttering that last part. Ki raised an eyebrow as his eyes glimmered in confusion. A slight smirk appeared on his face.

"Oh really now?" He said, facing towards Brandon. Ki glanced at me and smirked.

"How are you doing, Brandon? Last time we talked, Your girlfriend here was knocking on Death's Door." Ki said. Brandon's eyes flickered with confusion, then anger.

"She's not my girlfriend......." He grumbled.

"So your saying she's single?" Ki said in a condescending tone. I noticed Brandon's fists were balled together and his knuckles were turning white.

"I'm saying back off." Brandon said through his teeth. I shot Ki a warning look.

He knows so much........

He can get inside so many people's heads.....

He knows so much....

Just by using a simple spell.

How does he do it.....

He could know so much about me.....

He could know so much about Brandon.......

I could tell he was trying to get under Brandon's skin, I mean...... He was already in his head.

Ki gave me a weird look, rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Ok! Ok! Ok! Ok! Ease up there, Brandon....." Ki said, putting his hands up in defense.

He faced toward me once again. "So are we going to fight, or not?" Ki asked. I smirked.

"You're on!"

"Awesome! I'll be outside."

It was just me and Brandon in an awkward silence.

"You okay, Brandon? I'm so sorry about Ki. He likes getting in people's heads..... I would know..."I apologize. He tilts his head to the side.

"No! I should be the one apologizing! I wasn't acting very nice....I.... Um...... Wasn't liking the way he was talking about you...." He said, looking at the ground.

"Aw..... You're too sweet, Brandon. But I can handle myself. You know that. But you were just being defensive. I appreciate that!" I respond. His ears become pink.

"Oh-h.... Umm. Y-yeah....Now. Go out there and show him what you're made of!" Brandon encouraged.

There's the old, caring Brandon.

I started walking out the doorway. I rests my hands on the door way.

"Thanks Brandon. Are you going to watch?" I ask.

I turn my head slightly.

"Definitely"

I turn my head back and was just about to walk out the door before:

"And Feather?"

I turn around.

"Yes?"

"Be safe........ Okay?"

I couldn't help but let a smile appear on my face.

"I will.........."

Well.......

Nope.

Just

Just........ Nope.

Hey! Editor! Get back in your cage!

Nope.

You better start working on the next chapter. And stop making all of these emotional ones! It's probably going to be chapter one hundred when you finally write the battle with Skeletron!

Yeah I kinda agree.  Needs more action.

YOU! OUT!

Haha nope.

Nope.

And now I'm talking to myself.....