Only for One Night

Tonight I was supposed to get away from everything and everyone.

We try and run from our thoughts, minds, and even people we love.

That's not always the case.

People say they didn't mean for this to happen.

It was a mistake, but what they don't tell you that love is what caused you to do it.

Love is hatred and obsession all rolled into one.

I hate how he makes me feel, but I love how he loves me.

Nathan Maloley was not a mistake, but he opened my eyes to something new.

He was supposed to be in my past not my present when I'm trying hard to love the man my parents chose for me.

Jayden is kind, generous, and so easy to love.

Not for me, I can't love him the way he wants me too.

I sit on the sand all alone watching the moon reflect on the ocean and how the waves distort its magnificent beauty against the water.

The water touches my toes causing the sand to stick to my feet.

The wind makes my hair blow in my face and a small giggle escapes me.

Why couldn't t life be this easy?

"I love when you laugh like that lil mama" I hear a voice approaching.

I internally groan, or I thought I did.

"Thought you would be happy to see me" Nate days as he sits down beside.

Which is my sign to leave.

I get up quickly dusting off the sand from my sun dress.

"Y/N please don't go" his voice pleading as I walk away.

His hand grabs mine turning me around to face him.

"Why don't you stay, please?" Nate says

"I can't... just let me go Nathan, please that's all I beg of you" I whisper out to scared to trust my voice.

"What does he have that I don't, huh?"

"Don't ask me this because  still trying to figure it out" I tell him.

"You are walking into this without loving him aren't you? What happened to forever and always, Y/N? Answer these questions and I leave you alone"

"I'm trying to love him Nate, but my heart is not in it. Forever and Always is what we said Nathan, but life and something different in mind." I tell him.

"Only for one night be mine again before you are his forever and always"

"I- yes" I tell him as he brings me into a hug.

We walk along the beach and watch other couples say hello to one another.

Nate's hand intertwines with mine causing a shiver to run down my spine.

How I've missed his touch.

We near a small home along the beach.

"This is were I'm staying for a while" Nate explains as he turns on the lights.

As I take a look around everything looks white and black.

I laugh without meaning to.

"What's so funny Y/L/N?"

"Isn't a home alongside the beach supposed to be I don't know beachy?" I tell him as I sit down on the couch.

"I wouldn't know I'm not the one have my own wedding here at the beach" Nate says as he also sits down