Fight for Family (part 2)

Imagine Series written by
Tumblr User: wrecklessimagine
(Names have been changed to fit imagine book)
Disclaimer: age difference, family before dating you
Story line:
Nate one where Reader wants a child so much but he isn't sure about it cause he thinks he is too old but reader thinks it's all about Jasmine, Kai and Hannah and they have an argument then he wants to take a break.
/////////////////////////////////////

As the weeks dragged on, the communication that Nate attempted slowly began to wane. The fog of exhaustion from your first trimester started to slowly lift by week 13, and you were in full craving mode by the time you stumbled into your second trimester.
The baby was doing fine, save for ultrasounds every single month. You were being treated as a high-risk pregnancy, which panicked you at first. But as you got along in your pregnancy and your stomach slowly began to protrude, you found yourself looking forward to the appointments where you would see your growing little one up on that black and white screen.
And when the x-ray technician asked you if you wanted to know the sex of your child at week 16, your tears filled with eyes as you slowly nodded your head.
"Congratulations," the woman smiled as she began printing off your ultrasound pictures, "looks like you'll be buying a lot of pink."
A girl.
You were going to have a baby girl.
You wondered all the way home if Nate would have been excited to have another girl. You wondered if he enjoyed having a grandson, and would turn his nose up in favor for wanting a boy.
But your thoughts soon perished as you pulled into your apartment complex parking lot.
Your mouth began to salivate and your nose began to tingle. Your stomach rumbled even though you had just eaten a grilled chicken wrap, and your mind began to whirl with colors of purple and white, with drizzled sugars and crunchy carby outsides.
A pie.
But not just any pie.
You wanted a rhubarb pie.
"Rhubarb?" you mumbled as you sighed and pulled out your phone.
"I've never even had rhubarb," you mused as you began scrolling through your phone.
The great thing about being pregnant in the summertime was that the fresh farmer's markets were alive and well. You were sure that you could find someone with an outstanding rhubarb pie there, and it gave you an excuse to purchase some kettle corn as you browsed all of the things that would make you excited about the coming pumpkin patches of autumn.
It also meant that, at the height of your uncomfortable pregnancy, it would be 30 degrees outside.
And you smiled as you entered the address into your phone and listened to the voice chant off the directions.

Nate was a wreck.
When he spent the evening with Hannah, catching up and doing things that he can only assume were based off of the sorrow he felt for losing you, he felt complete. Like the family he always wanted was back together, and that he was doing his duty to them once and for all.
But that was all it felt like.
A duty.
With you, it felt natural. With you, it had always been something for him to look forward to...like a natural space he didn't know he had that you filled wholly and completely.
You were there when the whirlwind of his daughter came rushing into his life.
You were there the first time he ever made a trip to visit her family.
You were there when they questioned him about dating someone so much younger than him.
He smiled at the memory of him ever saying out loud that he loved you...right in front of his daughter.
But he had begun to neglect you. In the process of navigating rough waters, as you had tried to hang on and keep him steady throughout the bucking waves, he had begun to buck back.
And he had thrown you right off of the raft that he tried his best to keep comfortable for you.
He didn't know what to do with himself. He lost himself in his work whenever you stopped answering your phone. He drank more than he should whenever you didn't open the door he so hastily knocked on night after night after night.
And now? He was cooking his sorrows away, losing himself in complicated recipes on the weekends and donating the food to the homeless shelter in town.
So, as his foot hit the gas pedal to head to the farmer's market, his mind drifted from the curves of your body back to the recipe he had decided he was going to try.
Beef Wellington with a side of croissants.

Mindlessly wandering with your hand on your stomach, you strut around in your flowing summer dress as your hair wafts around your shoulders. You loved this time of year, where the hot summer days were met with breaks where the temperature was just right and the breeze was in full swing.
You found yourself falling asleep outside for naps much more than once.
As you popped a piece of kettle corn in your mouth, your stomach lightly protruding as people smile and ask you how far along you are, you greet them with pained cheeks and a glint in your eye as you say, "16 weeks. Just found out it's a girl."
You reveled in the advice of the older couples, and took to heart the advice of the parents running around with children on leashes. You looked at all of the great fall soup recipes, soon filling the basket hanging from your arm with goodies you couldn't wait to cook up.
But you just couldn't find any rhubarb pie.

As Nate pulled into the farmer's market, his tired eyes closing as he sighs and lays his head back onto his driver's seat, he smiles lightly as he hears the laughter and giggling of children whose parents were sitting down with a glass of apple cider and trying to catch their breath.
How he missed out on so much...
Taking in a deep breath through his nose, he steps out of his car and onto the dusty gravel parking lot. While this farmer's market wasn't the snazziest, it was the highest rated every year in produce, product, and price.
But when he lifted his head to navigate towards the fresh cooking ingredients, he saw something that caught his eye.
Beautiful flowing Y/C/H hair around a set of shoulders that tapered into a waist he would never forget. He recognized the flowing fabric: pinks and blues swirling with a pale yellow as it fluttered around a set of legs he had only seen in his dreams for weeks now.
You.
It was you.
As he feels his breath catch in his throat, he watches you bend and inspect something in front of you. He watches as your hair fluffs around your face as the wind begins to kick up more and more, and he watches as the fabric of your dress rides a bit too high for your comfort, causing you to spin around and catch the curtails of your dress as his eyes grow wide and his jaw drops.
Because there, standing not 15 feet away from him, was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen...the most beautiful woman that he still loved...
...and she was pregnant.