Nate has a child from another relationship+ he hates you

Imagine by: http://tokyoharry.tumblr.com/post/138014928741/harry-has-a-child-from-another-relationship-he
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Daddy!" Mason's short, dark curls bounce up and down from where it peaks out from behind Nate's legs. "I wanna go to the park!"
You smile softly as Nate laughs, one of his hands reaching down to ruffle his son's hair and the other one around your waist. "But today is Y/N's birthday, don't you wanna go to a restaurant and celebrate?"
Mason frowns, turning to face Nate completely. "Daddy, but Mommy's gonna be at the park today!" Nate tightens his grip around you as you wince. "I heard from Katie that she is!"

Nate speaks as calmly as he can manage, bending down to reach Mason's light brown eyes, "Mase, first of all remember Katie was the one who stole all your gummy bears last time? You can't trust her. And second of all, today is Y/N's birthday. It's all about Y/N today, okay?"
Mason reluctantly nods, and Nate's lips widen into a smile. "Great!" He exclaims, pressing a kiss onto Mason's forehead. "I'll go get the car keys and we'll go!" He stands up and plants a kiss on your lips and whispers, "It's all about you today, kitten."
As soon as Nate leaves the room, you start apologising. "Mase, I'm so sorry–"
"Only Daddy and Mommy get to call me that," Mason interrupts, standing up and brushing his hands against his trousers. "And you're not Mommy."
You feel your heart sting a little, but refuse to give up. "I understand that, and I'm sorry that you can't see your mommy today."
Mason glares at you, and points and accusing finger, "It's all your fault. Now all I get to do today is eat at your favourite restaurant and I hate sushi!"
You stammer, "I-I'm sor–"
"You're not Mommy," he snaps. "And you will never ever be."

Nate places one hand on your thigh and looks at you from the rearview mirror. "Are you okay? You look worried."
"I'm fine," you lie, pressing your lips together in a thin line. Mason was asleep in the backseat, but that didn't prevent his words from echoing in your brain. "I was just thinking," you start. "Maybe we could go to that park, after all?"
Nate frowns. "My ex-wife might be there, and I certainly don't want to see her. Why do you?"
"Mason does," you glance at the sleeping boy behind you. "Maybe we should take him to see his mother?"
Nate's head reaches over to yours and squeezes. "Why on earth does he need a terrible mother when he's got a perfectly perfect one right here?"
"I'm not his mother," you murmur. "Nor will I ever be."
Nate rubs circles on the back of your hand, "Don't talk like that. Mason loves you." A red light makes Nate stop the car and he wastes no time leaning over and kissing you. "You've been there for us ever since she left four years ago," he murmurs against your lips. "I would prefer no one else to be the stepmother of my child."
You wrinkle your nose, "I hate how the word stepmother sounds."
Nate smiles, "Then we'll waste no time in calling you Mommy, then."
Something deep inside of you stirs.
You're not Mommy, and you will never ever be.

"I can't believe this is actually happening."
You bite your lip and whisper back, "I wanted to make Mason happy."
Nate nods, but you can feel him suppressing a heavy eye roll. Nate's ex-wife sat across from you guys, talking to Mason with an animated expression. "I missed you so much Mommy!"
"I missed you too, Masey," she giggles and tickles him at his sides. "So why are we at a sushi restaurant? I thought you hated sushi?"
That's when Mason's eyes cut across the table and landed on yours. You gulped. Mason was whispering, but you could still hear him say, "Well, Y/N wanted to...and these days daddy picks her over me. Mommy, Y/N isn't even nice. She's only with Nate for his money, you know?"
Nate isn't paying attention. He's too busy speaking to the waiter to notice you almost break into tears. Nate's ex-wife lowers her voice, "How do you know this Masey? Did she tell you? Don't just assume–"
"Everyone says so," Mason holds his head up proudly. "And she doesn't even have her own car. She always makes Daddy drive her around. She's only there at night, and night time is me and Daddy time. I think she's a bad influence for him."
"I have to go," you blurt out, standing up abruptly.
Nate turns to face you, eyebrows furrowed. "What? Where are you going, kitten? The food hasn't even arrived yet."
"Bathroom," you pointed to where the restrooms are. "I'll...I'll be right back."
You couldn't just sit there and hear Mason point out all of these mean and untrue things about you.
Locking yourself in one of the stalls, you break into tears.
Your shoulders shake as you replay his words in your head.
She's only with Nate for his money, you know?
Money is the last thing that you want from Nate. You couldn't care less if he was broke or rich. You just wanted him.
She always makes Daddy drive her around.
You don't make Nate drive you around. He offers, and is only too happy to drive you to work. The reason why you didn't have a car was because you couldn't afford one. You're living paycheque by paycheque.
She's only there at night.
You have to work all day in order to pay your rent, plus send some money to your parents. You don't have time to hang out with anyone during your work hours, and when you do have free time, you immediately go over to Nate's.
You didn't know Mason looked at you this way.
Does Nate know?
But most of all,
Does Nate see you this way too?
Just a money-hoarder, broke girl who doesn't even have time to make friends of her own?

When you come back, Nate's talking to his ex-wife. He's gesturing wildly, and you catch onto some of his words. "The house is nice, cost me quite a bit but it's worth it, I think don't you? The rooms are big, enough room to raise another family maybe if she wants. Guest room for Mason to stay in, or visit, depending on your decision..."

What was he talking about?
"Hey kitten," Nate smiles and greets you with a kiss on the cheek as you sit back down. His smile falters for a second when he sees your red eyes, lips moving against your ear as he barely whispers, "What's wrong?"
"Nothing," you whisper back, lowering your gaze onto your lap.
"Tell me," he nibbles on the bottom of your earlobe.
You push him away, tears threatening to spill again. "Stop."
He pulls away, his expression now filled with worry. "Y/N look at me."
You hesitatingly tear your eyes away from your hands and look into his emerald green eyes. How beautiful they are.
How much more you don't deserve them.
"How can you stand it?" You blurt out, before he could say anything else.
"What?" He asks. "Stand what?"
You don't bother keeping your voice low anymore, since all conversations between Mason and his mother had halted. "How can you stand dating some money-digging whore?"
Nate looks taken aback. "Y/N I don't think you are–"
"But everyone thinks I am!" You protest. "They say I'm with you only for money and that I don't even love who you are and...and..."
Nate tries to grab your hand but you pull away just in time. His eyes are torn. "You don't believe them, right? You can't believe them. I know you. I know you love me. I love you so much too. I–"
"You don't belong with me." Tears start leaking onto your cheeks. "You already belong to a family. A family that doesn't include me."
You stand up, grab your purse and take one look at Mason. "I'm going now," you smile softly at him, tears still running down to your chin. "I'm sorry for stealing Nate away from you. That won't be a problem anymore."
Nate yells your name as you run out of the restaurant. You can hear his footsteps chasing after you, but you're already hopping into a cab, and telling him your address as fast as you can.
You manage to catch a glimpse of those green eyes before you leave, though.
And you prayed to God that leaving him was the right thing to do because you felt as if you had just lost everything.
And it hurt so badly.