I'm not her(part 8)//(N.M)

Recap:
Her hand makes its way to rest on her stomach she strokes it lightly before entering another room. She comes back with a glass and something in her hand.

Y/N opens the package and eats something. After she finishes she walks down what seems to be a hallway.

Could it be that I actually lost her. I won't give up until I have her back in my arms.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*4 weeks*

*Y/N's POV*

It's been 4 weeks since I lasts saw James. We had a few conversations here and there some long and some short. My appointment is today. I'm 12 weeks and I started showing 2 weeks ago.

I've been trying to avoid running into any one who is an acquaintance with Nate. Swazz texted me to see if I was doing better, but I ignore his texts.

He has also come by the house, but I didn't answer. I feel bad and all clothes make my baby bump more noticeable. I suddenly get a text from someone.

To: Y/N
From: James
Hey do have any plans for later?

To: James
From: Y/N
No, why?

To: Y/N
From: James
Do want to go to the mall?
With me.

To: James
From: Y/N
Sure, should inner you there?

To: Y/N
From: James
No, I'll pick you up beautiful.

I blush as I see his text. James has been sending texts with ending be cute names. Beautiful, sweetheart, and love. I get ready and wait for him to come. I hear a car park and right away I know that it is him.

Before I can open the door a knock is heard. I open the door and I'm greeted with a panting James. I try and shuffle my giggles as I watch him try to regain himself again.

"Okay don't laugh at now" he says as he grabs my hands and leads me to his car.

"My bad, but shouldn't you be working?" I ask him as we get seated and he starts driving to the mall.

"I used a vacation day" he says like if it were no big deal.

"You what?" I turn to face him "you shouldn't have used a vacation day to go to the mall. That's what weekends are for James" I tell him looking at him. His hand comes down from the stirring wheel to rest on top of mine.

He intertwined our fingers and strokes my knuckles with his thumb. I squeeze his hand and in return a I get a smile.

"Hey don't worry I have several of vacation days. Haven't taken a sick day or vacation day in 2 years, sweetheart" he explains as he parks into a parking lot spot. I see him get out and he opens my door.

By instinct I reach for his hand as we walk into the mall. I was pretty sure he would let go instead he squeezed my hand and brought me closer to him.

"So where are you going?" I ask him

"We should go to that Maternity store" James pints to the store in the corner.

"Okay"

We walk in and start browsing through the racks. I find beautiful pastel blouses with flower prints of butterflies. There's a hand on my shoulder.

"Y/N? What are doing at a maternity store?" A familiar voice says. My heart stops as I recognize the voice. I see James from the corner of my eye carrying a few shirts and sweatshirts in his hands. As he walks he looks up for a second before placing a shirt back on the rack.

I don't even have time to answer before James talks.

"Hey beautiful, I thought you would like these pastel colors, right?" James says as he stands by me.

Im facing the racks so Nate can only see my back.

"Y/N are you going to answer me?" Nate asks. I turn around and see Nate's eyes on James. Nate finally turns to me and mets out a small gasp.

"Oh, I guess you moved on real quick" he says as he stares at my bump. I gulp and look at him not forming any words.

"So is this the dad?" He asks

"No, but the you are" James says as he puts the clothes in the basket by my feet. I give James a glare until he finally realizes what he just did.

"I'm the dad" Nate says before placing a hand on my stomach. I give him a moment before backing away. The hurt in his eyes are evident.

"When? Where you ever going to tell me" Nate's  voice rises causing everyone in the store to look at us.

"I will tell you, but not right now please" I plead with him as I grab the basket.

"Let me go pay for those" both Nate and James say in unison. Nate sends a glare towards James.

"No it's fine I'll pay. I think I'll be leaving with Nate" I tell James as we head towards the cash register. I see him turn around and I do the same. Swazz enters the store walking towards Nate.

Guilt rises up in my chest as I see him talking to Nate. Nate points towards me causing Swazz to see my baby bump. His eyes squint as he rubs them.

I see his head shake before telling Nate something. I see Nate's eyes fill with anger and hurt. He shakes his head before storming off. I watch him as Swazz also shakes his head and runs after him.

James hand rests on my back running it to calm me down. I barely notice, but I'm crying. I turn into his embrace and let out a few sobs and sniffles.

I come back to my senses as I remember we are in a store. The lady behind the register gives me a look of sympathy as I pay.

I walk out with James behind we see Nate and Swazz sitting  down. SwaZ is talking to him, but Nate just shakes his head. When he heard footsteps bearing him he looks up.

The sight of his face makes my heart break. Tears cascade down his face as he looks at me. I tell James thank you and walk towards Nate. He stands up and waits for me to follow him.

I have hard time trying to follow as he spews walks to the exit. Swazz is by my side making sure I don't fall as I run a little to catch up. I feel his lingering glances on my baby bump.

I stop causing him to look at me confused. His face turns to worry, so he calls after Nate. Nate turns around and sees us and Swazz's face.

He immediately runs to us and place a hand on the baby bump. How I've missed his touches. I say the only words that I've been trying to say all along.

"I'm sorry" I say to them both as tears come down my face. Nate pulls me into a hug. He mumbles 'it's okay' 'we will be okay' and lastly 'I'll do anything to have you back in my arms'