Secret admirer

The day was cold and crisp, goose bumps rose upon my skin. Sending shivers down my spine as I waited for the uber. Dark clouds were above the party goers as they came out of the club highly intoxicated. A man descended from the alley with a joint in his mouth.

"Take a picture it will last you longer lil mama" the man said as he slowly approached me. Looking at my body up and down as If I were a piece cake. My breath quickened as he was only a few steps away.

"I would take a picture but it isn't worth remembering" I countered back with the last bit of confidence I had. Thunder was heard over head as a  storm passed through. His eyes bored in to my shivering figure.

"Feisty lil mama... But a picture would totally be worth remembering or I can give you something that you won't forget." He said with a cocky smirk plastered on  his face. I scoff at his words and give him a glare.

"What makes you think I want anything from you. For all I know you could be a walking AIDS machine"

"Maybe if you took a chance on me you would know" he said while walking under the street light. His joint all done by now. "I'm Nate by the way" he starts walking away towards a car parked in the alley.

"I'm Y/N" I say voice shaking from the cold. Knowing the uber would never come for me.

"Nice meeting but seriously take a chance once in a while" Nate said as he walked away again lighting another joint. 

"But with if taking a chance gave a my friend a broken heart. Ruined her whole high school experience. And could never trust a guy in her life ever." A solo tear came down my face as I remembered the memories. Nate stopped in his tracks turning around walking back towards.

"Well tell your friend the chance she took wasn't really a chance but a bad decision. And by the way whatever happened it shouldn't bother you anymore" Nate said as he held out his hand I front of him. "I promise y/n. if you go out with me. What ever that bastard did won't matter because u won't break your heart like he did. He didn't know you loved reading, stargazing, and nights in" Nate hand moves to caress my cheek while gazing into my eyes.

"How do you know that stuff Nate?" I asked confused on how he knew about me.

"Remember how Jake always invited you along to parties. As you both walked in the party all eyes stared at you. A beautiful girl along a selfish bastard. Nevertheless the most adored couple in high school. Not even 10 minutes into the party you would disappear" Nate took a deep breath before continuing "book in hand on top of the roof. Watching the party unfold below you. Eyes searching for Jake as he talked to his friends not once looking for you. Your lack of presence never seemed to bother him."

Memories came back as he continues to talking. A gasp escapes my mouth as  soon as he finishes.

"Nate.. Did you send letters describing me and how I deserved more? That night someone stood in the shadows of the tree watching. Curiosity got the best of me and I went to see the face of the unknown stranger. You where that stranger that captured my heart from the beginning. Why didn't you tell me those letters and roses sent to my house belonged to you?" I touched his check as he liked down. Lifting his chin he had tears in his eyes.

"If I told you.... You would have dropped  Jake like nothing. I know he cheated on you but he loved you. I could destroy the most adored couple of the school"
Nate finished without taking his eyes off of me.

"Don't you think that was my call to make Nate. I fell for the person writing those beautiful letters to me. Secrets and our wildest dreams exchanging through those letters. Jake could have loved me but that love we used to have for one another started fading."

Nate stood there speechless. I took that as a sign to leave. Walking away Nate seemed to finally come out of the trance he was in.

"Y/n.." I continued walking even though I heard him call my name. Soon my arm was pulled and embraced into a muscular chest. As I looked up I felt lips onto of mine. Nate sees my hesitation and start pulling away taking my unresponsive  as signal. My hands grasp his neck pulling him closer making him look me in the eye. Not once looking away from me his plump lips find mine again. Our lips moving in sync as the rain pours harder.

I smile into the kiss before I start to giggle. Nate pulls away confused at the sound of my giggles.

"May I ask what is so funny y/n?"

"I finally found my secret admirer.. but what I really funny about this my admirer was always standing next to me." The words come out as cheeky grin appears on his face. He pulls me back into his arms swaying back in forth.

"Another thing is we have a cheesy kissing scene in the rain" I whisper as I place another kiss on his perfect lips. Nate hums in response before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"The next letter I will be writing to you. Will be the letter that holds my vows to you. Through sickness and in health may this love be everlasting." Nate takes a breath before continuing. "It will take a while but I promise we will get married. I let you go once and it won't happen again."

That night We spend together at his place. The future is near and we don't know what it holds, but one thing I'm sure about is that Nate will be in it. Life as u know it has changed for me because I have the person I love most by my side.