Fight for family(part 10)

Imagine Series written by
Tumblr User: wrecklessimagine
(Names have been changed to fit imagine book)
Disclaimer: age difference, family before dating you
Story line:
Nate one where Reader wants a child so much but he isn't sure about it cause he thinks he is too old but reader thinks it's all about Jasmine, Kai and Hannah and they have an argument then he wants to take a break

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were so confused.
Over the course of the long weekend, while you and Nate put together your little girl's nursery, you couldn't help but think of that moment in the baby store, and how desperately you had wanted to kiss him.
But your heart ached whenever you relived the part where Nate diverted, and you wondered if you had waited to long.
You wondered if you had pushed him away too far.
Held him at arm's length too long.
You remembered how good his arms felt when he had wrapped them around you in that store, and were simultaneously sad at the distance your growing form was creating.
You found yourself no longer looking in the mirror longingly, but disgustingly.
You found yourself cursing yourself every morning instead of rubbing your stomach and talking with your child.
And you hated yourself for it.
And with that hate, and those memories, came your anxiety.
You took your baths and Nate steered clear. He would make sure you were taken care off and that you had wonderful food to eat, but when the nursery was put together and the fans were done drying the walls, you found yourselves back in your respective areas of the house.
And the only thing you could do in your bathtub was cry.

Nate couldn't stop thinking about that kiss.
Well, that almost-kiss.
He closed his eyes as he sat on his bed and relived the moment. He clocked your every move in his mind, stilling your body and walking around it as if you were a 3D stand-still model, trying to profile your every move.
He made the right decision in not kissing you.
Right?
He remembered your stance. Your shoulders. The way they were rolled back in confidence. Your jaw, set in happy determination. He remembered your tone of voice, soft and airy, with a hint of disbelief. He recalled the lemonade-tinted scent of your breath wafting from your lips.
And as his memory scanned up your face, he remembered your eyes.
How beautifully Y/C/E they were.
And then he noticed it.
The way your brows were set in silent want. The way your pupils were blown so wide that it was his memory filling in their color instead of their color being present.
He closed his eyes and remembered how you held him when he hugged you, how your shoulders had sagged and your body had collapsed into his
In defeat.
"Shit," he murmurs to himself as he strides from his bed to the top of the stairs.

Sniffling as you reach your foot up to cut the water off, you lean your head onto the side of the tub as you wipe your nose.
How in the world were you going to live platonically with a man you still loved?
How were you going to hold his hand in the hospital and tell the nurses that he was "just the baby's father"?
How were you going t-
"Y/N?"
Furrowing your bow as you lightly turn your head, you catch the reflection of a shadow in the glossy tile as you quickly splash some water in your face.
But David was a profiler, and his heart was already breaking.
"Can we talk?" he asks.
"Uh...um, y-...yeah," you stammer as you slowly turn your six month and three week pregnant form over to face the door.
"What's up?" you ask, trying to keep your voice steady.
But Nate didn't come into the bathroom, and you were wondering why you wished he would.
"I wanna talk about...well, about a lot of things really, but um..."
You had never heard Nate struggle with his words.
"What is it, sweetheart?" you coo.
And his head shot up upon hearing that name.
That beautiful name that you effortlessly rolled off of your tongue.
"That moment in the baby store," Nate says lowly.
Your skin prickled at the tone of his voice as your heart began to pound hard into your sternum.
"What um...wh-...what about it?" you ask, trying to feign ignorance.
And David smiled at your attempt.
"The reason I didn't kiss you was because I thought your hormones were driving you, and that you would regret it after the fact," he states plainly.
Oh.
Well, that technically makes sense.
"Oh," you state lightly.
"And I didn't want to, yet again, be something you regretted," Nate said.
And you heart the hurt in his voice.
"Nate , I don't-"
Tears rose back into your eyes at his words.
"I don't regret you," you breathe as one leaks down your cheek, "I regret..."
Nate was hanging on to your every word.
"I regret all of the fighting," you state as your jaw begins to tremble.
"I regret not telling you about the pregnancy," you choke out as your chest hiccups lightly.
"Mi amore..." David trails off lowly.
His soul ached for you.
"I regret-" you choke.
"I regret...n-not um...not letting you b-...back in...sooner," you sniffle as you try to stifle your sobs.
"And I regret not kissing you," Nate murmurs lowly.
Sniffling hard as you, yet again, splash your face with bubbly water, you clear your throat as you let your hair down from its captive hold.
"No one's saying you can't do it now," you state lightly.
Your eyes watched the corner as Nate slowly stepped around it. You watched as his form slowly filled the doorway as your body, sunken into the claw tub filled with bubbles, radiated for him as he slowly made his way towards the tub.
"Care to share?" you ask as you nod your head towards the other side of the bathtub.
And you watched in impatient awe as Nate slowly began to shed his clothing.