Untold letters

Dear Nate, 1 December 2016

I have always wondered what attracted us to one another. Was it your personality, tattoos, or the way you showed your love for me. But now as I think about it does not matter. You have moved on and looks like your in love with someone else. I didn't know leaving to attend school abroad meant a break up to you. After 4 years I find you engaged with another women. Everyone feels bad for me, I do also. I guess we weren't meant to be....

Sincerely,

The one you used to love.
-
Dear Nate, 5 December 2016

I hate myself for still loving you knowing your with someone else. That laugh that made me smile at my worst times now belongs to her. I cry myself to sleep hoping this is a nightmare I keep waking up to. Your mom checks up on me daily knowing I'm slowly dying inside. I wish all the luck in the world. I may still love you but a part of me hopes this won't last. I wish your true happiness as you get married to another. The constant talks about us at the alter one day same as a lie now that I think about it.

Sincerely,

The one you used to love.
-
Dear Nate, 12 December 2016

You may not care anymore as you read these. Your wedding is coming up sooner than I liked. I feel like a stranger in your world. It may not seem like it, but I care deeply. Tonight Stew talked to and said some things I hoped were true. I told him plans for the future and leaving California. He wishes me luck and happiness, but I can't seem to find that these days seeing with her. It breaks my heart and I don't think you will ever know your killing slowly ever so slowly................

Sincerely,

The one you used to love.

*Nate's POV*

Stew came by today and handed me an envelope. He said I should read it the night before my wedding. I stuck to his word. I had the studio lights on with the envelope in hand. I opened it to see letters falling out of them dated back to the date Y/N came back. I take a deep breath as I uncover the first letter.
-
Dear Nate, 24 November 2016

I stopped by your house to surprise, but I got the surprise instead. Getting out of my car ready to knock on your door. I see you kissing someone. Someone who isn't me. I watch as you propose to her around your whole family. Stew he looks so heartbroken at the sight. Your mom under her smiles and happy wishes to you is sad. I see it in her eyes. Your dad is the same and the boys. I thought I had a nightmare, but knew it was true when Stew came out with tears in his eyes. He saw as he looked with pure sadness. We embraced each other knowing very well your were marrying the girl he loved. And I knew the 'I love you's' 'we will be together forever' were just a fantasy we shared. I mean I shared but you didn't feel the same. I hope you have full happiness with her. You broke my heart that something you promised you would never do. The best wishes to you and your new girl.

Sincerely,

The one you used to love.
-
Dear Nate, 23 December 2016

I told Stew about theses letters, and he told your mom. They both read them together and I saw them cry as they read them. I cried as they read them also. Tomorrow is your big day. Stew told me you want would want me their. I laughed in his face but soon apologized. If I saw you say I do, I would cry and die right their. Kami also told me this. I would only cause a bigger heartbreak for myself. I doubt you would even care if I still lived. People say loving someone is the best thing that could have happened to them. Love can also be poison and death to those who do not see the that. I was blind to fall for a man who I should of knew would find an a way out of the relationship as soon as I left to study for my passion. I'm sorry, but I would be lying if I wished for your happiness. People might think I'm just a heartbroken women who hopes for the worse in partner. That's no the case I do hope for the best, I just can't help but think about what could have been.