Fight for Family(part 5)

Imagine Series written by
Tumblr User: wrecklessimagine
(Names have been changed to fit imagine book)
Disclaimer: age difference, family before dating you
Story line:
Nate one where Reader wants a child so much but he isn't sure about it cause he thinks he is too old but reader thinks it's all about Jasmine, Kai and Hannah and they have an argument then he wants to take a break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the two of you help yourselves to a second slice of rhubarb pie, he scoops you up a scoop of watermelon sorbet...freshly made by Nate himself...before you sigh and decide to start the rough conversation.
"So, what all do you want to be a part of?"
The question startled him as he flickered his eyes up to yours across his kitchen table.
"All of it," he murmurs, "if you'll let me."
"All of it with the little one?" you ask as your free hand rubs your stomach, "Or all of it with me?"
"Can't it be both?" he asks presumptuously.
"Being pregnant doesn't erase memories, Nate," you say pointedly.
You watched him slowly chew his pie as he sets his fork down lightly on his plate.
"I'm sorry," he says lowly.
But you just continued to watch him.
"Honestly?" he asks as he looks up at you with those puppy dog eyes.
"Always," you nod.
"In a perfect world, we would do this hand in hand. You would move in, I would provide everything you need. I would be at every appointment and help you put together a nursery. I'd sleep by your side at night to protect both you and our little one growing inside of you, and I would make every effort to spend as much time here while saving up time to take off once you had our child."
If you only lived in a perfect world.
"But what happened between us the last time we saw each other..." he trails off.
"And what happened before you let me know that it was over," you add in.
You watched his facial expression fall to a dark place as a little part of you felt guilty for bringing back up the helpless memory.
"I have no idea how to apologize for that, or even if an apology would help," Nate begins.
"An apology wouldn't hurt the scenario," you say before bringing another piece of pie to your mouth.
And as he raises his eyes heavily towards yours, you see a tiredness behind his eyes for the first time in a long time.
"I'm so sorry, Y/N," he pleads as he sighs heavily. "What I did, and what I said, and how I went about things. It was immature, and uncalled for."
You watch him intently as he sits up and back into his seat.
"I'll never apologize for spending time with my family," he says sternly before turning his gaze away from you, "just like, if you let me, I'll never apologize for spending as much time as I can with both of you."
Your heart ached at the idea that he still felt that you were still considering taking his child from him.
"But I yelled at you, and I belittled your opinions, and that was not right...and is never right," he says as he turns his reddened gaze back towards you.
And for the first time since you had ever known him, you hear Nate's voice hiccup with emotion as he tries to choke out your name.
"Y/N-"
Reaching over the table, you offer your hand to him as his eyes drop to it before quickly sliding his into yours.
"I'll do whatever it takes," he whispers as he squeezes your hand.
And that's really all you needed to hear.
"I can't tell you that I'll move in right away. I have a financial plan in place to buy a little property of my own, and while I haven't started putting a nursery together, I think it would be inappropriate to live together, even though we are having a child, before resolving some issues between the two of us."
You watched a mixture of sadness and worry flash behind his eyes as you squeeze his hand in reassurance.
"But...I'll start opening my door to you again," you say.
"I won't give you a key," you correct as a light smile crosses your face, "but whenever you want to drop by...if I'm home...I'll open the door for you."
And the relief that washed over his face was personified in the sigh that passed through his lips.
"That's all I ask," he says as he brings your hand to his lips and kisses your skin.
"That's all I ask."