Chapter 13: The Crew Grows, The Circus, and The Point Goes to the Hot-Head

Start from the beginning

"Hey girlie," a man hiccupped, clearly-drunk, spotting me sitting alone at one of the tables inside the bar the crew came into, and roaming his eyes over my body, "How about coming with me?"

"I'm here with my crewmates." I denied, attempting to be polite, smiling-tightly, taking a swig from my glass of Pepsi, and sighing in frustration, "Please leave me alone."

"Don't be like that, Sweetheart." the guy whined, grabbing my wrist, and yanking me out of my chair, "I'll make sure you have a great time."

"I said no. Let go of me." I demanded, stumbling up out of the chair, attempting to tug my wrist out of his grip, and my voice rising in panic, "You're hurting me."

"LISTEN TO A LADY WHEN SHE SAYS NO!" Ace fumed, leaping out of his chair when he heard me, storming over to me, tapping the guy on the shoulder, sucker-punching him in the face, sending him crashing into a table, checking my wrist, and his gaze softening as his eyes landed on mine, "You ok?"

"I'm ok..." I broke-off, widening my eyes in surprise as I noticed Ace engulfed in flames, and staring at him, "Ace...you're on fire."

"What?" Ace puzzled, scrunching his eyebrows together, glancing-down at himself, and flailing-around in panic when he spotted his body engulfed in flames, "HOLY SHIT! I'M ON FIRE!!"

"DON'T PANIC!" I instructed, reaching my hands up to his face, placing my hands on his cheeks, lowering his face down to mine, and looking into his eyes, "This is your Devil-Fruit power. Calm down. Breathe."

"DON'T PANIC?!!" Ace repeated, staring at me in disbelief, staring into my eyes, calming-down, his flames disappearing, and registering my words, "Oh. Thanks V."

"That's why I'm here." I teased, taking my hands off his cheeks, and smirking, "Being the D. Brothers' voice-of-reason."

(********************************************************************************************)

1 Week Later

"A circus?" I read, strolling beside Ace, our boots crunching against the gravel, pausing in my tracks as I spotted the sign, and turning to Ace with puppy-dog eyes, "I haven't been to one in ages. Can we go?"

"We're supposed to be getting supplies. No detours and no causing trouble." Ace pointed-out, peering down at me, and grinning, "But the circus sounds way more fun."

She has him wrapped around her finger and she doesn't even know it. Wallace and Banshee thought, trailing behind us, giving each-other knowing-looks, half-smirking, and giving a suggestion, "You and Ivy go. We'll get the rest of the supplies. Be back at the ship in an hour."

"You sure?" Ace inquired, turning to them, and raising an eyebrow.

"Enjoy time with your girl, Cap." Banshee jested, winking-playfully at him, and heading for supplies with Wallace, "Wallace and I got this."

"One large nacho, large cheese-curds, and an extra-large Pepsi." I listed, dragging Ace towards a food-stall, paying for my stuff, carrying the food into the stadium, picking seats, sitting-down, eating some nachos, and feeling Ace's stare on me, "What? You're staring."

"I don't know anyone who eats as much as you, Chi." Ace taunted, smirking, glancing at my food, and raising an eyebrow up at me, "Except...maybe Luffy."

"Here I was going to share my food with you." I frowned-playfully, slanting my eyes at him, and shoving chips into my mouth.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! BOYS AND GIRLS!" a ringmaster spoke, entering the middle of the arena, the spotlight shined on him, and spreading his arms, "We scoured far and wide for the most bizarre creatures this world has to offer. Without further ado, here's Beast-Tamer Benno and his vicious cat Amadeus."