Why Not.....?

Kenzie's P.O.V

I woke up feeling cold, and felt the metal table still under me. I sat up, and noticed that the jacket to my uniform was missing. My undershirt was buttoned loosely, and I could see a scar just above my heart. I realized how much my chest hurt as I saw the scar, and decided to fix the buttons and found my jacket on the floor. I sighed once finished and tried to stand up, but failed. I could hardly move my legs, my entire body ached in pain. I looked to the side,and noticed the tools he had out earlier were now bloodied and out of order and organisation. I saw a roll of bandage thrown on the floor, and that I had bandages wrapped around me everywhere.

"What happened...", I said groggily, and felt a slight pain build up in my throat. I realized how long it had been since I had blood, since I normally got it from Senri since I couldn't take the tablets. But, I'd put it off the past few days since I had been with Takuma and since Sariya was gone and I couldn't focus on much else but her getting back. But here I was, with the pain only growing. I reached into my pocket, finding a half empty box of blood tablets. I poured some out, and tried to force myself to take them, but only ended up gagging myself as I forced them down my throat, with the pain not stopping. I noticed little pools of my own blood everywhere, and felt the pain get unbearable.

"Kenzie, I have some food for you to eat since you'll need some nutrients. You seem to have lost a lot of blood-", I heard the boy who had been at school say, but stop when he saw me.

"Hey! What happened! What's going on!?", He said, and I tried to scoot back.

"Stay away!", I yelled back.

"No! It's obvious that you need some help!" he said, and grabbed my arm, but I grabbed his and pushed him onto the floor, on his back. I crawled on top of him, licking a spot on his neck, before piercing my fangs into his neck. I took as much blood as I needed at the moments, before sitting up and wiping my mouth. He stayed laying on the floor even after I stood up off of him, with a mixture of embarrassment and fear. I could tell by his face that he was scared, but he seemed to be blushing a little. I sighed and sat down on the metal table.

"I told you to stay back, I'm sorry..." He blushed more and stood up.

"D-Don't worry! It's fine, you can take blood from me if you need to...", He said and I chuckled a little.

"You sound so sure of that, I wouldn't be so quick to answer...", I said and the doors slammed open.

"Oliver! What happened?", I heard the man who had been in here earlier yell. He looked at me with my now bloodied clothes, and to Oliver, who was also bloody, and ran at me. He grabbed me by the neck, and held me in the air.

"What the hell even are you... I'll have to do more tests...", He said, slamming my back onto the metal table. He leaned closer to my face, and whispered.

"Don't you ever do something like that again...", He stated, and started to hit me. He punched and then used a scapple to cut my skin.

"Father! Stop!", I heard the boy yell, as his sister ran in. So he's helping him because he's his father, that makes more sense now... I focused more on him hurting me, and eventually gave up, with my throat burning and my entire body still aching.

Sariya's P.O.V

I sat in class with Zero. I was so worried about Kenzie... What were they doing to her?! Was she okay?! Was she.... I don't even want to continue that thought....

"Are you worried about Kenzie?", Zero asked, looking down at me. I nodded my head and brought my feet onto my chair and my knees to my chest.

"Yes... Very..."

"It'll be okay, we can find some information and we'll find her. You said that it was just experiments and testing, so she should be fine...", He said and looked down at me worriedly.

"B-But... What if she's..." I stopped and squinted my eyes shut before putting my head on my knees. I felt Zero put an arm around me, pulling me close.

"We'll find her, don't worry..." I nodded slightly and looked up slightly.

"I hope so...." He sighed, and sat up a little, still having his arm around me, but with a little more space.

"Let's just get through the day and we can get straight to work on it after this class ends. I noded my head. Once the class did end, I sat up and my eyes widened when I saw the boy from earlier. I narrowed my eyes before running away from Zero and following the boy. I was as silent as I could as I followed him through the forest. After at least an hour, we finally reached a huge building and my eyes widened. I quickly followed the boy inside. I didn't know where he went so I simply hid behind corners and such, looking for my best friend. I soon found my way to a basement and opened the door. Inside was a man with a lab coat holding a tool as he... I'm not going to finish that thought. The man looked up and over at me, before chuckling.

"It was about time you came here, we've been waiting for you... I wish i could have cleaned the place up a little, though...", He said, as he lifted Kenzie so that she could sit up and see me. Her eyes widened when she saw me, and I noticed how much blood was around her, as she quietly said a single word.

"...Run..." I glared at him before taking out my daggers. I knew they wouldn't hurt him but he didn't.

"Let her go! Right now!" He chuckled at me, and laid her back down on the table, but turned it so that she could see.

"And why should I do that? I'm a scientist, and I study, that's all I'm doing right now... I've done nothing wrong...", He stated with a smirk.

"Nothing wrong!? You're hurting an innocent girl that just wants to live a normal life! How is doing this not wrong!?"

"She's obviously different, and is very powerful. I'm trying to figure out how this happened to her, so that it doesn't happen to anyone else... What's the harm in hurting one little girl who is putting people in danger? She's already hurt my son, so part of this is getting back at her... Teaching her not to harm them..."

"You know what. Screw you!" I yelled as I threw a dagger at him, it hit the wall beside him just in front of his face.

"My aim is perfect so either let her go or the next one will be in your brain."

"But look at the way those are made... They're obviously meant so that they don't hurt humans, but something else. And I can confirm, I am in fact human... So how do you plan on hurting me?", He said, walking forward. And at the moment, I suddenly hated scientists.

"No you're pretty inhuman if you ask me." He chuckled at me and stared creepily.

"You know, Kenzie's getting pretty lonely during her testings, I think she needs a friend during it to help her get through it and keep her company...", He said and quickly grabbed my wrist, and ended up locking my arms behind my back.

"L-Let me go!"

"Don't worry, I don't need to do any testing on you... Your job is to simply keep her company for now...", He said as he pushed me down into a chair beside the table Kenzie was on, and tied me to it.

"You know, I really can't wait until I get to cut that sorry little head of yours off."

"Good luck with that...", He said, and Kenzie turned towards me.

"Why... Didn't you run... Like I told you...", She breathed out, quietly.

"You're my best friend. I would never." She sighed, before flinching in pain from the man hurting her.

"Why though, why now...", She said, before closing her eyes.

"Why not."