Closer To Level E

Kenzie's P.O.V

I was back at the academy, and don't get me wrong, I was really happy to be back. Which had confused most people as to why I was sulking in my dorm room. I hadn't been talking to anyone, and I hadn't left the room since I got back. I sighed as I finished up a drawing of a flower I had been working on, and set it on my bedside table. I laid down, when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in...", I said weakly, and heard the door creak open. I watched from where I was laying as Takuma walked in and sat on the edge of my bed.

"I heard what happened.... Are you okay?" He asked concerned as he looked at me. I sat up and put on a fake smile.

"Other than the fact that I watched my father die, and I'm reason why, I'm okay, you could say...", I said, trying to keep up the smile. He frowned and moved closer to me.

"I can understand why it hurts, but please don't worry about it so much. It will get better and he was only going to be using you either way!" I sighed as I looked up at him.

"Yeah, but he was still my father... I loved him either way...", I said as a stray tear escaped, but I quickly wiped it away, hoping he didn't see it. Much to my displeasure, he saw it.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you when it came down to it....." He said as he hesitantly wiped another tear falling down my face. I smiled up at him a little.

"It's alright, it's not like I had planned for that to happen... I just wanted to stop him, not do what I did... But I can't change what happened, what's done is done", I said with a sigh, looking down at the ground. He sighed and put a hand on my shoulder and went back to being his cheerful self.

"What can I do to help?!" I laughed a little at his cheerfulness and looked up at him.

"What you're doing is fine, Takuma. I feel at least a little better talking to you...", I said quietly, and smiled up at him. He smiled brightly and it went silent. It wasn't the awkward silence you get on things like blind dates though, it was a nice kind of silence. Sweet almost. My eyes widened as he suddenly began moving closer to me.... His lips that is. He was going to kiss me! I began fangirling inside but right before it happened the door opened and he immediately backed away and stood up, walking out. He seemed nervous as he walked away, only saying a quiet, "Goodbye". I tried to put together all that had happened, especially why he left so abruptly and why he was going to kiss me, when I noticed that Senri had walked in.

"What was Takuma doing in here?", He asked dully, as he looked towards the door. I tried to hide my still blushing face, and responded a little too quickly.

"Oh! He was just trying to help cheer me up, that's all!", I said quickly, hiding my face in my hands. He sighed and looked down at me.

"Well, whatever he did, it seemed to work...", He stated as I sighed in relief. He didn't know about what was about to happen, and that's all I needed to know at that moment. In all that had happened, I had actually forgotten about what happened with Rido.

Sariya's P.O.V

I sat on the bed in Zero's room as we talked. I told him about what happened with Yagari and me after class and now we were just having a nice, normal conversation before we both go to bed. He even told me about his family before they died.

"So how close were you with Ichiru back when you were kids?" He sighed and looked at the ground.

"We were really close, at least I thought we were... I was thinking of him a lot, and just wanted him to be happy and safe..."

"I see.... Sorry for asking." I said quietly. He looked back up at me.

"It's alright, you didn't know...", He said, when I noticed him seem to flinch in pain. I stood up and walked over with a frown.

"Zero? What is it?" He tried to scoot back, when he started to grasp his throat.

"Get... Away...", He stated rather harshly. My eyes widened and I quickly looked around.

"Z-Zero! Where are your blood tablets!?" He reached in his pocket, but all he pulled out was an empty box, and he cursed silently at the sight. I noticed his eyes turning to a bright red, and stepped back a little. I went to the wall and looked at him in worry.

"Z-Zero....?" I saw him struggle to fight the lust that was trying to take over him, and soon he was in front of me. I noticed that he had pinned me to the wall and was holding my wrists, and his fangs were showing.

"Z-Zero! Stop! Zero, please! I'll get you some blood tablets!" I tried to snap him out of it, but it was no use. He leaned closer to my neck, and licked the skin on my neck, sending shivers up my spine, before piercing his fangs where he had licked. I yelped in pain as I felt the blood being drained from me.

"Zero... Please...." I said quietly as I began to get weaker. I felt like I was about to faint, when he pulled away, he wiped the blood from around his mouth, and his eyes changed back to their normal lavender. Then, he noticed what he had done, and stared down at me in shock as I fell limp in his arms.

"Sariya!", I heard him yelled, before my world went black.