Truth and Protection

Kenzie's P.O.V

I looked around at the shocked faces of the people around me. Even Sariya was surprised. The only people who weren't were Rido and Senri. Rido walked up closer to me and held me from behind.

"That's right, Kaname... And you don't have to worry, I wouldn't hurt my precious daughter...", He said with a smirk, which still scared me a little.

"I went through so much to find her, I'm not giving up just yet", He stated, as I tried to loosen his grip of me. I felt someone grab my arm and pull me away, and looked up to see Senri.

"Well we're not just going to give her to you. I just got her back, and I'm not letting you hurt her...", He said looking up at Rido boredly, while Rido simply glared at him.

"If I can't have her, I'll just have to get her myself...," He said smirking, and in an instant was gone. I looked over at Kaname and he simply sighed.

"Can someone explain what's going on?", I said, not expecting all of this to happen.

"He's been looking for you, and he plans on turning you into a vampire... You were born human, and your vampire side hadn't awakened yet. When he tried to turn you into one, our mother decided you would be safer if she sent you off to the family you got sent to. Now that you're here, he can harm you...", Senri explained, looking at where Rido had once been. Kaname looked at me and sighed.

"For now, you'd be safer if you joined the night class, so that you'll have people that can make sure you're safe..." I wanted to be safe, but there was no way I would ever join the night class.

"There's no way I'm joining the night class with all of you. I think I'll be safe on my own, plus, I have Sariya and Zero with me, and I have my anti-vampire weapon too", I said, trying to sound defensive. But when Senri looked at me, I knew I had to. I knew I didn't have a choice.

"Fine...", I muttered with a sigh.

Sariya's P.O.V

I frowned as I stared at Kenzie. I knew she had to join the night class for protection but that meant she wouldn't be living with us in the main building anymore. She wouldn't share her room with me and I would only see her on patrols... If she was even allowed on them. I sighed and turned around and began walking away.

"Sariya, wait!", She looked at me and ran closer.

"This should only be temporary, I'll be back as soon as possible", She finished with a smile.

"It's not like Rido is going to stop coming after you. You're safer with them so stay with them. I hate vampires but you're my best friend. I want to make sure you're safe and if you're with them, then I will know you're completely safe." I said before stopping and turning to look at Kaname calmly.

"If you let anything happen to her, I swear that you won't see the next light of the moon."

He just sighed and looked back to me.

"She'll be fine with us, you don't have to worry..." I nodded my head and walked into the main building. I went to my room and pulled out the vampire knight manga I hid underneath my pillows. I took out the first one and began reading. I just needed to relax.

"What are you reading?" I turned to see Zero in my doorway. I quickly closed the manga and put it under my pillow.

"Nothing!" He squinted his eyes at the pillow, he obviously had seen me.

"So um.... What's up?" I asked trying to divert his attention from the manga series. He just sighed.

"The Headmaster sent me to tell you that dinner's ready" He said boredly, and turned to walk away. I sighed and got up. I had to admit, I was really hungry. I dashed through the halls until I reached Zero, and slowed down to walk back with him.

"You walk, so damn fast." He chuckled and walked into the dining room where the Headmaster and Yuki already were sitting.

"...I'm afraid because of this Kenzie will be needing to transfer to the night class, so that she will be safer...", I heard Kaname say as I noticed Kaname was standing next to the Headmaster. Zero looked down at me confused as to what he meant. I grumbled and looked down.

"Kenzie is Rido's daughter and he is after her..." I told Zero for clarification.

"Does that mean she's...", He said harshly.

"No. Not yet. Even if she was though, she would still be the same Kenzie. Becoming a vampire won't change her personality." I said as I glared at Zero. He just sighed as he walked to the table and sat down. I frowned and went to sit in the chair beside him. I kept my eyes off Kaname and just slowly ate my food. The Headmaster sighed.

"I'll get papers filed after dinner...", He said sadly, then started crying huge amounts of tears.

"I'm going to miss my daughter!", He rambled, acting like his whole family was leaving him. I frowned and looked over at Kaname slightly with a glare.

"I'm going to miss my best friend..." I muttered.