To Save Sariya

Kenzie's P.O.V

I sat down against the wall, and sighed. I knew Rido would probably get Sariya, but I didn't want her to be stuck here. I didn't even know why she wanted her, probably to make me suffer knowing she's here, but there might also be a deeper reason. I tried to think of something I enjoyed, like music, to get my mind off of things, but it only made me more upset when the only songs I could think of were sad. I lied down and closed my eyes to try and maybe sleep some, until I heard footsteps. My eyes shot open, and there was a woman standing in front of me.

"It's nice to finally see you in person...", She said as she leaned down closer so that I could see her. She had long black hair that reached to her thighs, Dark red eyes that were almost black, and was very pale. She had dark red lips, and was wearing a black dress like the one that Akira wore in the two dreams I had...

"No, are you..." I said shocked as I stared wide-eyed. She smiled and did a bow.

"Akira Aravae, pleased to make your acquaintance", She said with a chuckle. I looked at her, scared, and put my hands up in front of my face, in a blocking position.

"What do you want from me?!", I yelled and she looked at me harshly.

"You know, it's a lot easier when you're quieter... Then they won't come down to see what's going on."

"What are you even doing here? I thought Shizuka destroyed the last bit of you that was left!", I said shocked, but was quieter this time.

"She didn't destroy me, she just separated me from you. She had found my original body, and had been searching for my spirit, and when she found it in you it was a win/win situation. She could bring me back and then be able to get Rido to do as she wants too. So, that's how I got stuck down here, without my powers and back to being human, because all of that stuck with you when I separated", She stated, clearly annoyed as she crossed her arms and huffed.

"Why does she want you so bad?", I asked, confused.

"How should I know, but probably she wanted to take my powers, but messed up when they got stuck with you. She can't exactly kill you yet. But, it sure does suck to be back to how I used to be", I sighed and hoped that someone would find us. I noticed she had chains around one of her ankles that was connected to the floor in the center of the room, so that she could walk around, but not very far. I sighed and leaned as far as I could, and used my powers to break the chain, as she looked at me surprised. I just sighed.

"You can't hurt me, so I thought I might as well help you...", I stated, looking to the side and leaning back. She walked forward and started messing with the cuffs around one of my wrists.

"I watched the boy put these on, these chains are vampire-proof, unlike mine were, so that that you can't break them, but they're not mortal proof...", She said as she was able to break the lock and slide the cuff off of my wrist. She did the same for both of my ankles and my other wrist.

"...Thanks...", I said as I stood up. I heard the door open, and looked over scared, but was relieved when I saw who it was.

Sariya's P.O.V

I frowned when I saw Kenzie with someone as Ichiru brought me down into the

Basement. Ichiru pushed me down inside and I frowned as I walked over to Kenzie and the girl and awaited for them to speak.

"Sariya! You're here, are you alright?", she asked as she ran over to me, putting her hands on my shoulders. I smiled slightly and nodded as I ignored the pain in my head so she wouldn't worry more.

"Yes. I'm fine Kenzie."

"Ok, come on, we need to get out of here... And um... This is Akira... But don't worry! She isn't a vampire anymore and she lost her powers, so she's perfectly harmless", she said with a smile, and started to head towards the door. I quickly grabbed her wrist and held a tight grip as I pulled her back and let go.

"Don't. Ichiru might be there and we will definitely get caught by him..." Akira walked forward.

"You both go, I'll hold him back. I may be a mortal again, but I can still fight. I have some stuff up my sleeve that he doesn't know about...", She said as she pulled a knife out from under the ribbon around her waist that was on her dress, and smirked. I frowned but nodded and went up the stairs. I opened the door and there stood Ichiru who glared down at us.

"How did you get out already?", He asked and got ready to grab Kenzie and I, but we ran off before he could, and Akira started to fight him, letting us get away. I lead Kenzie through the house and soon found the doors out but before we could go any further, I fell to my knees as I held my head in pain. Shizuka found us.

"Are you both going to leave so soon?", She asked as she walked closer to us. My grip on my head in pain tightened as she came closer and I looked up at her with a glare.

"S-Screw off! Let u-us leave!"

"What is it you want with us so much?! Why are you doing this?!", Kenzie yelled at her, and Shizuka just smiled at both of us.

"If I told you, that wouldn't be any fun, would it?", She asked quietly and she grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at her. I closed my eyes and struggled to get out of her grip, all the while holding my head in pain.

"P-Please..... Get a-away..." I heard a door slam open, and opened my eyes slightly to see Rido running in, He grabbed Kenzie by the waist and try to pull her away.

"Forget about her, we need to go!", He yelled at her, as she glared at him.

"I'm not leaving my best friend here!", She yelled but he picked her up and started to run off. My eyes widened and I looked back to Shizuka.

"Please let me l-leave..." I said as my grip tightened as the pain got worse.

"That won't be happening any time soon, and even if your friend are able to get back here to help you, because I know that she will try, you're not going to be saved...", She said to me, grabbing my arm and lifting me up off of the ground. I winced and soon removed my other hand from my head to try and pry her off me but it was no use. I took a deep breath, trying to ignore the pain and grabbed my dagger and slashed at her with a glare causing her to let go. I took of running and soon ran through the open door way.

"I have to get out of here...." I muttered. She was soon standing in front of me, with a glare as Ichiru came from behind me and hit me in the head, causing me to fall over, my vision going black.