14. Speed Dating And Siblings.

Start from the beginning

It would almost top Eminem's famous verse in Rap God.

My thought were interrupted and I jolted up when the bell rang, meaning it was time for my break.

"Well look at that Miss Fitzgerald, the two minutes are up. It was great talking to you." I said with a big smile, quickly helping the elderly woman to the door. One of the girls from my class, Jessica, was waiting for her and they both disappeared into the hallway.

I quickly sat back into my previous seat and covered my face with my hands, waiting for this day to be over.

I threw my head back and let out a groan. I closed my eyes, leaning back in my chair. I jumped in my seat when I heard someone clearing their throat in front of me.

"Did you forget anything, Miss Fitzgerald?" I asked without looking.

"She didn't, but you did just now.." I heard a familiar voice say with an amused tone in her voice.

My eyes widened and I looked in front of me, to see that Miss Cabello had taken a seat right across from me. The brunette looked at me with a challenging smirk on her face and studied my bored-looking body language.

"And what might it be that I forgot?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, playing along.

"You forgot your manners by not giving me attention." She fired, causing me to let out an amused chuckle and to give her a playful eye roll. She giggled and a comfortable silence fell between us.

"So, I know what I'm doing here.. But what are you doing here?" I asked her quite curious.

"I have to supervise at this location. Other teachers are at other locations as well." She explained, pointing to the name card she had pinned to her shirt that said:' Miss Cabello. Teacher.'

I nodded understanding and looked from her professional looking, neatly typed and printed out card, to my own badly written one. I was so bored I drew around my name and didn't even bother to write with a pen but just with a crayon.

It basically looked like a Mothers-day card made by a Pre-Schooler.

"Why do look like you don't want to be here?" She asked me out of nowhere, making me groan.

"That's not it, believe me. I find old people cool and cute sometimes. But my brother Ethan arranged this activity for me, while other students had the opportunity to sign up and choose one themselves. He's dating Madam Prez, so I don't have a choice. He told me since I'm so childish, it might be better for me to hangout with people that could have an influence on my behavior and change it." I explained, crossing my arms over my chest and letting out a deep sigh after.

"You and your brother don't get along well?" She asked me, seemingly interested.

"We do, sometimes... As good as twins can, you know? He just sometimes thinks he can do whatever he wants because he's a few minutes older than me." I answered, rolling my eyes at the thought.

"Do you have siblings?" I asked her immediately after, a smile forming on her face.

"I do, I just have a little sister. Her name is Sophia and she's 7 years old." She spoke excited, I could just tell how much she meant to Miss Cabello.