The Bad

My life is like a circle.

No, not like the circle of life or else it would apply to everyone.

It starts off bad, then goes good. I fall, then get back up again. It's like I die, then come back to life. Over and over again.

We're sitting at the dinner table at Dan and Phil's flat. We had to buy a bigger table because we had a bunch of family come over.

I look to my left to see F/N and Pj sitting right next to each other, holding hands under the table. Even though I forced F/N to call Pj, I'm glad I did.

F/N eventually moved in Pj and they were already talking about having kids.

Next to them was my brother, Matt, and my dad. My dad I have been getting along a lot better. Though we do disagree sometimes... It's not a perfect relationship, but at least it's something.

Next to them is Mr. and Mrs. Howell and I've never seen them happier to have their son back. Plus Mr. H and my dad love to talk about whatever 'manly' shit they talk about, but it's good for Dan and I that they get along.

Next to the Howells is the Lesters. Mr. and Mrs. Lester are good as usual.

And then there's Phil.

He's back to that lil' ray of sunshine he is, though it did take some time.

It took time for all of us to get back on our feet.

We had to go to court and everything after Brain. He's in jail, for I forget how long, but it doesn't matter. I'm not worried about it anymore.

Then there's Dan. He's right to next to Phil on one side, and I'm on the other side of him. He has his hand on my upper thigh as he chats with everyone around us.

The first few days after Brain, Dan cried himself to sleep. I didn't think we'd ever bounce back, but eventually we did.

And we're okay.

Dans okay.

And that's all that matters.

I watch him laugh at something Phil was saying. He squints his eyes and his mouth is open wide as he laughs. And laughs. And laughs.

I laugh too, even though I have no idea what Phil's saying.

I'm just laughing at Dan.

Laughing that he's laughing.

And that he's happy.

And that was the good part of the circle. Well, it is a circle, meaning it goes around and around and doesn't stop.

You think it was just gonna end in a happily ever after?

Guess what, in reality, there is no happy endings.

It started when your phone began to ring on the bed side table. You were leaning against the wall, sitting on Dans bed, scrolling on your laptop.

You stared at your vibrating phone, causing the table to shake. Dan, who was lying at your feet, looked up from his laptop at you. "Are you gonna get that?" A smirk on his face.

You looked at him and shrugged. He gave you a confused look. "You alright?"

You nodded, finally reaching over to answer the phone. It was an unknown number. Your heart sank into your stomach, but you answered it anyways. "H-Hello?"