I love you

(Dan POV)

Matt was restless. He only looked at her once, but then he had to look away and he couldn't bring himself to look at her again.

He ran out, saying he would get food for us.

And then Y/N woke up. And now she's sleeping once again.

The doctors came back in after she fell asleep. "I'm doctor Shems and this is Resident Meer." The female says. She has short black hair that stops at her neck and deep brown eyes, almost black.

"Resident?" Phil questions.

"Doctor in training." Meer states, his hands behind his back. He's got a brown hair buzz cut and bright hazel eyes.

Both Meer and Doctor Shems shake our hands. "So, she's..." I looked over Y/N who was still asleep, unmoving.

"She's in critical condition." Doctor Shems spoke. "I'm just going to give you the basics. We'd like to do another surgery. But it does have some cons to it, just as pros."

"Um... I think Matt will have to make that decision." Phil says awkwardly, looking at me.

Before I could agree, Meer straight up tells us. "You either do the surgery or she dies slowly. There really is no choice."

Doctor Shems elbows Meer in the rib. Hard.

"Right... what are the cons of the surgery then?" I ask, timidly.

"At the moment her right rib is broken and there is glass- plus broken bone- injected into her chest that is incredibly close to her lungs. Because the rib is broken, the lung is no longer protected. Trying to get all the glass and rib bone out before it could hit her lungs is quite difficult, but I can assure you, we'll be trying our hardest."

Phil and I don't say anything, too shocked to do anything.

Soon Matt comes in and the doctor has to explain everything again.

"And you're doing the surgery?" Matt asks, his voice cracking. She nods.

"I went to Pennsylvania for college, I've been a doctor for fifteen years, I've done surgery's similar to this...."

"Alright." Matt says, eyes trying to look at Y/N, but he just can't and looks away.

And that's when her dad walks through the door.

~~~
(Matt POV)

Dad made Dan and Phil leave the room.

After the doctor re-explained it again to dad, they left us, he turned to look at Dan and Phil. "What the hell are they doing here?"

He was already pissed that I didn't tell him about Y/N and that I Ieft. He was even more pissed that Y/N had go through another surgery. And he has an anger management problem, anyways.

"That's Dan and Phil, dad." I tell him.

"I know. Get out." He says, not exactly raising his voice, but he did sound angry.

"No, Dad they-"

"Get out!" And now he was yelling.

"Dad!"

"No, um... It's okay. We'll go to the waiting room." Dan told me, looking at Phil. Phil nodded and they left the room, closing the door behind them.

"That was Dan Howell, dad." I say through gritted teeth.

"They don't matter right now." He whispers, looking over at Y/N.

"They were here for her. They've been here for her. Unlike us..."